Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, http://www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/pydc/white/exams.html is very inconclusive.
    If Dave Wood said not, then my guess would be that your score would stand as a low score, though other modules would be taken into account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtansley)
    edit - sorry for bumping a year old topic lmao.. I found this topic via google and didn't see the dates
    I almost had a heart attack yesterday when I saw the first poster talking about the geometry and motion exam...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    I'm not sure, http://www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/pydc/white/exams.html is very inconclusive.
    If Dave Wood said not, then my guess would be that your score would stand as a low score, though other modules would be taken into account.
    From reading that link, it seems like they're just saying "if you do well on the essential exams and have got good marks on class tests/assignments throughout the year, we don't mind if you fail one or two". I guess I can understand why they don't state that up front, as it would encourage people to neglect the less important modules.

ReputationRep:
    I was told (by my tutor and D. Wood said basically the same thing) that you have to pass the 4 important modules which are Analysis, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra and Geometry & Motion in your first year (I can't remember whether Foundations wasn't another one). So, even though Prob A (and Maths by Computer) are core, I gather that you can still fail them and face no consequences (as long as your total Seymour score for the first year exceeds 40%).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowzee)
    I was told (by my tutor and D. Wood said basically the same thing) that you have to pass the 4 important modules which are Analysis, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra and Geometry & Motion in your first year (I can't remember whether Foundations wasn't another one). So, even though Prob A (and Maths by Computer) are core, I gather that you can still fail them and face no consequences (as long as your total Seymour score for the first year exceeds 40%).
    Brilliant, thanks. This is what I was hoping

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.