Turn on thread page Beta

Which political party will you be voting for in the next election? watch

• View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for in the next election?
    Labour
    19.49%
    Conservatives
    38.60%
    Liberal Democrats
    22.43%
    Green Party
    4.78%
    British National Party
    6.25%
    UKIP
    3.68%
    Other
    4.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butler89)
    Bnp :-)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (boo hiss)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by house sparrows)
    have you heard of 'debate and discussion'? the usual course of affairs is you say something, someone disagrees and you argue your case again. not, "hey man i'll think what i want **** you"
    *******s man the first guy was out of line. Tactical voting is a valid option which in no way makes the other guy immature. If you disagree with labour, you wish for labour to be stopped, how do you stop labour? by voting them out of power. Are the Lib Dems ever going to get in power?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! (because they are stupid)

so why throw your vote away? you might as well vote for yourself to be king of the world (i know i stand up for my ideals and principles).

ReputationRep:
    Dup...

ReputationRep:
    conservative
    unless milliband :love: takes over labour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiouslyorange1989)
    *******s man the first guy was out of line. Tactical voting is a valid option which in no way makes the other guy immature. If you disagree with labour, you wish for labour to be stopped, how do you stop labour? by voting them out of power. Are the Lib Dems ever going to get in power?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! (because they are stupid)

so why throw your vote away? you might as well vote for yourself to be king of the world (i know i stand up for my ideals and principles).
    Ha ha, a political genius. How can you think you stand up for your principles, then condone tactical voting. Contradict much.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Conservative. Without a doubt.

ReputationRep:

pretty terrible post there

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    Ha ha, a political genius. How can you think you stand up for your principles, then condone tactical voting. Contradict much.
    lol no i stated if i voted for myself to be king of the world i could be pretty certain i would be voting for someone who represented my principles, however that wouldnt mean it would be a good idea considering i have no chance of actaully being voted king of the world (unless you want to vote for me to ).

but seriously you have to be more pragmatic. For example I live in a labour stronghold that doesnt give a fig about us at all. they know all the idiots will always vote labour because they always have done, and so did their fathers, their grandfathers etc. I want to give them a scare, and tell them NO I WONT PUT UP WITH YOUR RUBBISH, and the best way to do that is to take them out of power. The tories wont win in my area, but the lib dems have a shot. (at least at council level) so i voted libdem.

At a general election it is shown people are more likely to vote for the two real parties rathers than throw it away in a silly protest vote. Therefore it is usually a better option (at least with regards to sticking one to wor gordon) to vote tory...

ReputationRep:
    lol no i stated if i voted for myself to be king of the world i could be pretty certain i would be voting for someone who represented my principles, however that wouldnt mean it would be a good idea considering i have no chance of actaully being voted king of the world (unless you want to vote for me to ).

but seriously you have to be more pragmatic. For example I live in a labour stronghold that doesnt give a fig about us at all. they know all the idiots will always vote labour because they always have done, and so did their fathers, their grandfathers etc. I want to give them a scare, and tell them NO I WONT PUT UP WITH YOUR RUBBISH, and the best way to do that is to take them out of power. The tories wont win in my area, but the lib dems have a shot. (at least at council level) so i voted libdem.

At a general election it is shown people are more likely to vote for the two real parties rathers than throw it away in a silly protest vote. Therefore it is usually a better option (at least with regards to sticking one to wor gordon) to vote tory...
    I will use as I often do the Simpsons to prove my point. In a halloween special two evil space aliens mimic the two presidential candidates. Yet rather than throw votes away voting for a third party, human, candidate the americans vote a space alien into power as no-one wanted to throw there vote away with a small third party.

The moral of the story, don't vote for the two big space alien parties (conservative, Labour) vote for the human third party (Lib dems) and the human race won't become slaves :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    I will use as I often do the Simpsons to prove my point. In a halloween special two evil space aliens mimic the two presidential candidates. Yet rather than throw votes away voting for a third party, human, candidate the americans vote a space alien into power as no-one wanted to throw there vote away with a small third party.

The moral of the story, don't vote for the two big space alien parties (conservative, Labour) vote for the human third party (Lib dems) and the human race won't become slaves :p:
    yea but that was because the aliens were exactly the same!! come one! labours red the tories are blue!!! LOADS of difference!!!

ReputationRep:

i thought newc was a lib dem constinuency now anyway??? god, i should know this seeing as though i live there haha

ReputationRep:
    yea but that was because the aliens were exactly the same!! come one! labours red the tories are blue!!! LOADS of difference!!!
    Well one alien was representing the Democrats and one the Republicans, in theory they were different red and blue. Also there is the valid argument that the gap between Labour and Torries is really rather small nowadays. Space Aliens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pollystyrene07)
    i thought newc was a lib dem constinuency now anyway??? god, i should know this seeing as though i live there haha
    lol im not quite newcastle nowadays, north durham and its the council which is libdem i think, not the MP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    Well one alien was representing the Democrats and one the Republicans, in theory they were different red and blue. Also there is the valid argument that the gap between Labour and Torries is really rather small nowadays. Space Aliens.
    lol that was my pun, the only real difference between labour and tory policy i can see is that labour chooses the colour red, and the tories are blue .

however i just think labour is pretty incompetant, they have some ok ideas, but some absolute stinkers....

give cameron a shot i say, it he fudges up as well then give it to the lib dems...

ReputationRep:
    lol im not quite newcastle nowadays, north durham and its the council which is libdem i think, not the MP.
    why put a sad face after north durham?? i'm from durham! do you know ushaw moor? best place on planet earth! although admittedly not quite as good as newc!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol that was my pun, the only real difference between labour and tory policy i can see is that labour chooses the colour red, and the tories are blue .

however i just think labour is pretty incompetant, they have some ok ideas, but some absolute stinkers....

give cameron a shot i say, it he fudges up as well then give it to the lib dems...
    (Ha ha your red/blue comment sailed straight over my head, whoops.)

I would much rather Brown than Cameron, I'm not sure I could suppress the wish to punch cameron fully over three years of leadership.

ReputationRep:
    Conservative as I really hate labour and don't want to waste my vote
    Your vote only counts in relation to your constituency. The lib dems get something like 30% of the vote, labour 40%, conservatives 40%- it just depends on that particular constituency. It may be that in your constituency only labour and the lib dems have a chance at winning in, in which case voting conservative would actually make labour more likely to win the election than if you voted lib dems.

I'll be voting labour. I have voted conservative all my life, but the conservatives right now have no policies of their own, with the few ones that have been announced being at best ill advised and at worst dangerous, from where I stand anyway. I actually think that labour have done a pretty good job, and Gordon is a very good PM. *puts on flameproof jacket*

ReputationRep:
    Pollysterene is aiming yet again for a BNP related debate.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.