Turn on thread page Beta

Parents+learning=DISASTER. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I should be taking my practical some time soon! In the meantime my mum keeps forcing me to go out driving with her in my car so i can practice more.. I hate it! We are waaay too similare and we argue loads! She keeps making me drive further than i want to when i feel i'm not ready go down X road or drive to X. She ignores me and says do it anyway, you wont get anywhere driving on the back roads all the time! Which is true but my car is totally different to the car i'm learning in and i need time to adjust to it each time i get into it! I am terrifed of driving to be honest.. i hate it.. i wish i never even had lessons now.. i don't enjoy it and i have no confidence whatsoever. I don't like driving with my mum, it's horrible yet she forces me to go out! She started complaining about a reverse round a corner i did the other week.. two things hse didn't think about 1) - i'd never done a manouver in my car before 2) - never in my life had i done a sweeping corner and i was clueless on how much to turn and when..! Grrr.... !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
    First have a few lessons with your instructor, its really bad to pick up poor habits within your driving technique !
    I did the opposite of this. I started with my dad then finished off with about 10 instructor lessons. I thought it was pointless paying somebody £25 an hour to drive round a car park and tell me about basic driving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDestinyx)
    Really :eek: Im learning in a mini
    I learnt and did my test in a new mini

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 16, 2008
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.