ReputationRep:
    Whats an OP?

ReputationRep:
    Original poster...

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_cait)
    I was fine hearing about it once, but take in to consideration that there are news updates around every 10 minutes, that means within an 8 hour shift i hear about it around 48 times. However I barely heard any details on the crash on the motorway that killed two young boys, all i heard was about the fact a footballer got arrested.
    See...the solution here would clearly be to listen to a decent radio station.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really change the radio station lol. As i was at work and its the shops radio that also gives info on silly promotions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowberg)
    WHY ON EARTH TO THE NEWS KEEP TELLING US CONTANTLY ABOUT THAT CHINESE EARTHQUAKE?

We are in the UK!

WHY ON EARTH TO THE NEWS KEEP TELLING US CONTANTLY ABOUT THE SUICIDE BOMB IN IRAQ?

We are in the UK!

Durr durr.
    Because the news is just another entertainment show and thats what people want to see because its something to go 'OH NO' at

ReputationRep:
    Take it up with your employers

ReputationRep:
    Entertainment indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_cait)
    Thats just stupid though.

I know its a fact. But it is not a good thing.

Cause we are NOT voting.
    no, you aren't voting. (although i do wish the UK could, as it would probably tip the scale in the democrats favor rather strongly :p:) US foreign policy is highly influential on a world scale. as one of the america's strongest allies, i would think the UK would have a rather high interest level due to so much being at stake for your country.

you can certainly help to campaign by taking a stance and supporting one candidate or the other on internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    Yes tell your employer that it goes against your nationalist beliefs or something.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I could. But i like money

Anyways, thanks for all your lovely opinions.

ReputationRep:
    obviously it deserves a bit of coverage, but they go way over the top, there is all this hype over Obama Vs hilary clinton, just to be the democratic canditate... its so unlikely now that Obama has won the race that he will even be voted in as president...

i swear they paid more attention to Obama vs Clinton than they did to ken livingstone vs Boris Johnson lol.. its really annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAv.)
    obviously it deserves a bit of coverage, but they go way over the top, there is all this hype over Obama Vs hilary clinton, just to be the democratic canditate... its so unlikely now that Obama has won the race that he will even be voted in as president...

i swear they paid more attention to Obama vs Clinton than they did to ken livingstone vs Boris Johnson lol.. its really annoying
    because obama clinton will probably have more impact on our lives even here in Britain than Boris vs Ken both squabbling over who gets minor inconsequential powers in themselves narrowly constrained by the nature of London as a city.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone taken into account the Americans who may be over here. More than likely they will be voting in this election (unless they live here on a permanent basis) so they will want to know what's going on back home. It's not rocket science. Although I agree that BBC News putting a detailed report on for an hour, can be pretty annoying. Or any news channel for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDragon)
    Has anyone taken into account the Americans who may be over here. More than likely they will be voting in this election (unless they live here on a permanent basis) so they will want to know what's going on back home. It's not rocket science. Although I agree that BBC News putting a detailed report on for an hour, can be pretty annoying. Or any news channel for that matter.
    I doubt that number would be significant enough for the news companies to broadcast info about the US elections like they do.

The main point is, as people have been saying, these elections affect us whether we like it or not - as a basic, obvious example, the Republicans want to stay in Iraq to finish the job whereas the Democrats want to pull out - what America does, Britain is likely to follow so that has potential impacts for soldiers and their families.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.