Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not all undergraduate applicants' grades are as good as people think (the guy i'm living with next year who is on the maths/economics course got ABBB for AS). Remember admissions tutors realise that the A level is a 2 year course and whereby applicants can improve upon their AS results considerably in their A2 year.

Also please don't post what you think you got at AS level and at least wait till August to see what you actually scored. Secondly how on earth do you know you are predicted AAAA if you haven't even started your A2 year or your teachers knowing your AS grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imcool24)
    Hey

I have just done my AS levels, im pretty sure I got these grades:

Maths: B
    Physics: B
    Chemistry: C

For my GCSEs I got 3 A* and 7A.

I have been having some harsh personal problems during the end of my GCSE throughout my AS levels, this explains the bad grades in both. I am predicted AAAA for A2. From what I know you have to put down your AS grades on UCAS?

What are my chances of getting in? Im planning to apply for maths, im not sure how many applications per place there are for this.

Would my chances to get in improve if I take a gap year and apply for 2010?
    Why not wait and see what your AS grades are?

ReputationRep:
    I got in with far far worse. Stick all your AS grades as pending so they have to go by your predicted grades and you are IN.

ReputationRep:
    If nothing else, UCL interview the majority of applicants (very few people were rejected pre-interview for my course), I think. I got the impression that they like to meet applicants for most courses, although it may just be mine. If they interview for your subject, then it's a good way to boost your application, if your grades are a bit low. I was accepted after interview with my grades which were low for UCL, whereas another girl there who didnt interview well but had aab was rejected.

ReputationRep:
    why don't you apply this year and if doesnt work take a gap year anyway and apply the next year? you don't lose anything except £15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imcool24)
    Also, they changed the rules so you have to declare the AS grades you have, you cannot put down pending any more.
    Really
    I put pending on ones im resitting and got all my offers.
    Thanks to my teachers as well predicting me high

ReputationRep:
    i would suggest apply anyway, and then if you dont get in but you feel you will get the results in A2 then take a gap year and reapply with your As

ReputationRep:
    No offense but how can you be predicted AAAA with those grades? How can a C grade warrant an A prediction? And is the fourth A for Further Mathematics?

ReputationRep:
    My advice is apply, UCL can be very lineant with giving offers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.