ReputationRep:
    f#a# infiniti.

ReputationRep:
    The Joshua Tree - U2
    Masterpiece

ReputationRep:
    The Feeling! Both albums!

ReputationRep:
    Not the Feeling! Dull dull dull. A better, more complete band who could be likened to the Feeling, but actually have talent and haven't derived from the whole 'Brit School' tosh would be Guillemots. Their first album is a masterpiece.

ReputationRep:
    whoever anonymously neg repped me for suggesting albums from the 1960s-70s is obviously a philistine

ReputationRep:
    Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out?

I suppose it's more "Alternative" than Indie... But it's good

*waits for everyone to disagree *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ѕнαℓiηα)
    How about The Kooks?

X
    Yeah, Konk and the one before it are decent albums

ReputationRep:
    Art Brut - Their album Bang Bang Rock & Roll is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see that Up the Bracket has been mentioned - a must.

The Kooks? The Feeling? Dear God, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by house sparrows)
    tilly and the wall, islands, the unicorns, los campesinos!, neutral milk hotel, of montreal etc. etc.
    All excellent bands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by house sparrows)
    if you're going to get into 'indie' music please do not get into nme-indie because bands like the kooks, wombats, killers, libertines etc. are all formulaic and once you've heard one you've heard them all.

try belle and sebastian, tilly and the wall, islands, the unicorns, pavement, los campesinos!, neutral milk hotel, of montreal etc. etc.

also the albums in my other post because they stand as foundations to all indie music really
    Ok, so i kind of agree with you, but with The Killers, they are not formulaic and give the best lyrics of any indie band. Most indie bands like the wombats i can give a few listens once in a while, but with the killers i always end up listening to them. Geniuses.

Of course, you should have the Classic band's greatest hits like Queen's Platinum collection, The Who, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    I'm glad to see that Up the Bracket has been mentioned - a must.

The Kooks? The Feeling? Dear God, no.
    Do you like any music at all? All posts i see you make are negative and very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Vampire Weekend
    Blood Red Shoes
    Mystery Jets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    Do you like any music at all? All posts i see you make are negative and very annoying.
    You must be more dense than you appear considering you just quoted one of my posts which said "Up the Bracket is a must".

ReputationRep:
    The Who - Who's Next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    You must be more dense than you appear considering you just quoted one of my posts which said "Up the Bracket is a must".
    I meant Apart from that? I don't really hate any music, but you hate so much And besides, the libertines are far worse than most of the bands you said are bad.. I mean, the guy can't sing for starters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    I meant Apart from that? I don't really hate any music, but you hate so much And besides, the libertines are far worse than most of the bands you said are bad.. I mean, the guy can't sing for starters!
    Oh dear God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    Oh dear God.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    :rolleyes:
    Your post merited no greater response.

(Original post by bmh16)
    I noticed that. :p: I assumed she was just going through her teen angst phase.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.