Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feexx)
    show me a pic of yourself and one of him and i will tell you if u need to be worried!
    good idea. please do this
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by atoms4peace)
    good idea. please do this
    Don't be silly, no need to do this. This is why some of you girls don't hang on to your boyfriends.

ReputationRep:
    yeah im curious!

ReputationRep:
    He's with you and not anyone else for a damn good reason - it's because he likes you. When other girls look, soak in the fact that he's with you and be confident about it. Get closer to him as a gesture of how happy you are to be with him - and he'll notice.

The last thing a hot guy wants is to be with someone who's insecure around other girls. You can't stop how other girls behave but you can control how you behave with him - assert your confidence and he'll only have his mind (and eyes) on you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm intrigued and want to see a picture of him (but purely as I'm curious, you don't need to post one).

He's with you. You'll push him away if you're not careful. Accept he's with you and not them. It doesn't mean he's going to run off either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choclateeclaire)
    I am genuinely stuck on whether to stay with him or not
    For God's sake! He likes you, you like him, he hasn't made a move on any other girl and has even gone out of his way to emphasise that he's only got eyes for you...why would you need to dump him?

Dumping someone because they're good looking is just as cruel as dumping them because they're ugly. He can't help what his face looks like, and losing you over something out of his control would be a major blow which would really knock his confidence.

Poor bloke. Would he really deserve that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're pretty. No worries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    For God's sake! He likes you, you like him, he hasn't made a move on any other girl and has even gone out of his way to emphasise that he's only got eyes for you...why would you need to dump him?

Dumping someone because they're good looking is just as cruel as dumping them because they're ugly. He can't help what his face looks like, and losing you over something out of his control would be a major blow which would really knock his confidence.

Poor bloke. Would he really deserve that?
    Exactly. Don't be so insecure, and be happy with what you have

ReputationRep:
    No i am not in anyway, shape or form, saying I would leave him becuase he is good looking.
    I am saying I am scared he will like other girls obviously more than me, and because of the attention he gets I am worried about it!

Has anyone ever been in this situation though?..Whether it be your girlfiend or boyrfriend ?
    yeap fit blokes around me all the time.

this does after all answer the OP's question .

ReputationRep:
    youre pretty dont worry. but can we see a pic of him
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You keep stressing over whether he will run off with another girl then you might drive the guy away.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    yeap fit blokes around me all the time.

this does after all answer the OP's question .
    Well you are just irresistable ain't you :p:

ReputationRep:
    Like he said, he's with you. Surely the fact he gets all the attention but has chosen you...should make you feel even happier.

Hmmm. I always look at my boyfriend and can't understand why he's with me. He's just so perfect and thoughtful and caring. He's quite shy...but once people have actually spoken to him, I don't know anyone who doesn't think he's one of the best guys they know. So I used to live in this constant state of fear (since he's at university and I'm at home) that he'd meet this beautiful girl who'd fall so in love with him and his perfectness. But I guess now I realise that even if that did happen...he loves me, and regardless of how she feels about him, he's mine.

I also think it's quite normal to feel like you don't deserve the person you're in a relationship with. My boyfriend feels that way about me and can get so paranoid when I talk to other guys.

I can't really tell you what to do...just, don't break up with him, ey?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. you didn't lose out in the looks department.

ReputationRep:
    No i am not in anyway, shape or form, saying I would leave him becuase he is good looking. I am saying I am scared he will like other girls obviously more than me, and because of the attention he gets I am worried about it!
    I understand that it's not the fact he's good-looking which is worrying you. But the attention etc is a result of his being attractive, ie it's not really his fault unless he's actively flirting and putting himself around (which you say he's not).

Okay, I take your point that because he's attractive, he'll have more opportunities put in his way than a less attractive lad, but it doesn't mean he'll take them. He sounds happy to be with you and as if he's a nice, open, honest sort of chap - I really think you're making this more of an issue than it should be.

ReputationRep:
    What does that mean ? :confused:
    lol, it means your very pretty, not a quasimodo (hunchback of notredame....)

ReputationRep:
    I am not going to post a picture of him on here, just because I am not sure as to whether or not he uses this site.
    And I am not sure whether he would be pleased about having his face plastered acros a website and a thread talking about him !!
    :O I hope he doesn't use this site!! He could see my pic and read all of this ha.. Nah I'm sure he doesn't use it.
    Hopefully not anyway

ReputationRep:
    heyy im with my bf now n ive been with him for over 14 months now n i no how u feel :|
    there was this girl who was his 'best mate' n she kept sendin him things and tellin people him n her more than best mates so i had this blazzzinnn row with her n grrr dog haha
    but hes always gettin attention or checked out n he always has done since we got together n hes reassured me thats its only me n it still is ! so jst show tha u trust him n ull have no problems i wish u all the best of luck with ya r.ship Xxx

ReputationRep:
    I know it's rational to think "he's with me, not them" but I can't stand people fancying my boyfriend either and would much rather he was uglier.

I just feel I'm not good enough and that he could do much better all the time!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.