Turn on thread page Beta

Are you hesitant to admit you find yourself attractive watch

ReputationRep:
    ha im the only person to say yes so far....

ReputationRep:
    I find myself very attractive, I'm not cocky or big-headed, or any of those things you might associate a guy who loves himself with.

I'm sorry but, I really don't find the time to admit anything to myself, since i'm constantly being told by other people how simply amazing I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarlumps.)
    I guess that statement itself shows that I don't think I'm attractive.
    From your profile pic, that is quite unwarranted

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    From your profile pic, that is quite unwarranted
    Get in there. :rolleyes:

Very. I'd rate myself around a 7/10 if I'm honest because I think my face is quite pretty, I have nice hair, and a pretty good figure. However I am posting this as anonymous because I'm worried that if I don't someone will turn round and be like 'errrr, no, love'! Despite that...I do believe I am. If that makes any sense.

I think it's sad that some people feel the need to bring down those who like how they look even if they aren't model-perfect...And also that perfectly attractive people often seem to feel the need to pick holes in their appearence. Girls particularly.

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of sounding vain:

yes, I do think I'm attractive.

I've never thought I was the worst looking person in the world, but I used to have some issues with my looks. But people paid me compliments, and I decided to believe they were true.
    Although I was going through my "I'm not very keen on myself at all" stage, I do remember walking through town in Year 9 and 3 boys from a rival school (they looked like year 7's) started singing "There Once was an Ugly Duckling" at me. I laughed (and was *slightly* worried*):p:

I've never been the prettiest / hottest girl. I never will be. I'm happy with that. I'm happy with my looks, and would say I am attractive.
    However, I don't go around going "look at me! Look how attractive I am!"
    And if someone calls me ugly / a minger, I don't really care - they probably don't know me, so what they think doesn't matter :p:

Wow, I sound arrogant and vain. Sorry! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I do with my mum, but not to anyone else. I'm not arrogant (in fact I have extremely low self asteem) But, I think I'm attractive facially and if I'm having a 'happy day' I'll tell my mum how lucky I feel with how I look.
    I wouldn't say it out loud to other people though, because it always gets misconstrued as narcissism, which it isn't, in my view, it's a sort of 'omg, I'm actually not that bad looking' epiphany with my mum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I do with my mum, but not to anyone else. I'm not arrogant (in fact I have extremely low self asteem) But, I think I'm attractive facially and if I'm having a 'happy day' I'll tell my mum how lucky I feel with how I look.
    I wouldn't say it out loud to other people though, because it always gets misconstrued as narcissism, which it isn't, in my view, it's a sort of 'omg, I'm actually not that bad looking' epiphany with my mum.
    is that you in the profile pic?

ReputationRep:
    I know one girl who has an attractive face and nice figure, but is convinced she is ugly. She's been going out with another friend of mine for over a year and a half now, and they have a, ahem, vigourous, relationship. But she still won't let him see her naked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    I honestly don't know if I'm attractive or not, I would always have to ask someone else. Which I would never do It's hard to say, because I see my own face every day in the mirror, so it's too normal for me to say whether it's attractive or not.
    In the same boat as me there fella.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    In the same boat as me there fella.
    Having seen you in real life, I'd say you're attractive :p:

*hugs*

ReputationRep:
    no theres nothing to hesitate about because i dont think i'm attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    is that you in the profile pic?
    Yep, that's me. Why do you ask? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that's me. Why do you ask? :confused:
    lol i love the coat :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm known to complain constantly about my appearance and hate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    lol i love the coat :p:
    Is that sarcasm? If not, then yeah it's my fave, it's a vintage piece I nabbed off my mate who was minutes away from putting it on ebay! lol.

ReputationRep:
    Is that sarcasm? If not, then yeah it's my fave, it's a vintage piece I nabbed off my mate who was minutes away from putting it on ebay! lol.
    i love it and thats not sarcasm at all!! seriously! what a find!

ReputationRep:
    lol no it wasnt sarcasm. i really do like it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Somebody)
    At the risk of sounding vain:

yes, I do think I'm attractive.

I've never been the prettiest / hottest girl. I never will be. I'm happy with that. I'm happy with my looks, and would say I am attractive.
    However, I don't go around going "look at me! Look how attractive I am!"
    And if someone calls me ugly / a minger, I don't really care - they probably don't know me, so what they think doesn't matter :p:

Wow, I sound arrogant and vain. Sorry! :p:
    No way. Cats are not attractive. Mice are!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.