The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good exam! Quite funny it was on Big Brother, given it's on now.

What did you guys write about? I focused on the context more than anything.

I seem to remember writing about:

moral panic
racism prevalent in society
the binary opposition of jade and shilpa on the cover
the subjective view point
hypodermic needle more apparent than ever with the whole issue
blumler and katz uses and gratifications
how big brother producers purposely use diverse characters to cause conflict.
how we tend to like conflict.
endemol (makers of big bro) often being the subject of controversy,
having hoax shows such as space cadets
the moral obligations of these shows and the ethics of publically humiliating people
similiarly for 'now' how it is sometimes controversial especially in eyes of celebs who are depicted with their flaws. gave example of amy winehouse and her drug stint.

and loads of other stuff.

uhmm for MED 4,

I did the audience and genre question.

Genre I wrote about: mars attack! metropolis, blade runner, independence day and I am legend, and basically said how they are all innovative in different ways.

for the audience, I wrote how reality TV is obviously popular to fill TV schedules up and it is more apparent then ever. Then gave examples. Explained how we are getting more american imports. How we like being 'peeping toms' quite a bit.

yadda yadda. Go well for everyone?
Reply 21
Finally!! Watching big brother has actually paid off! I was jumping for joy when i flipped that page over! Was pretty straight forward what the main issues and debates were:

celebrity obsessed culture (jade is famous for being famous- no talent- fame from being on big brother 3)

ethnicity conflict (bit obvious)

social solidarity/interaction ("WE Hate You"... water cooler tv- everyone was talking about it)

and a pretty bad rep of jade herself. She looked a bit pig-like in that photo! and represented as a complete idiot "thick" and watching her laughing and smirking like that in the interview!

Couple o things i also remembered... Carphone warehouse pulled out from being a sponsor cos they didnt want to be associated with big brother due to this. Goody's perfume was taken off the shelves, Daniella Loyd got dropped from her modeling agency, and Jo Omera became suicidal due to threats!)

And howww irritating was the "bye, bye, bye jack, love ya jack! bye, bye"?!?!

What did anyone else come up with? I hope i covered everything! x
Reply 22
Is anybody doing film noir and news on thursday?

Anyone got any help cos i have no clue about it at all!:frown:
Reply 23
I have my exam on thursday two, MED 4 and MED 6. Im doing it on Genre and Representation, looking at Sci-fi and Disibility.

I kinda have an idea what im doing but its all so overwelming and stressful!

Could really do with some tips!
Reply 24
I'm doing MED4 and MED6 (AQA) on thursday too.

MED6 should be alright but i don't know how to revise for MED4...i think i'm going to do Genre and Representation but i don't really know how to revise for it :/
Revive - Is anyone doing this?
Reply 26
Im doing MED 4 tomorrow, got a B in MED6 in Jan so no need to resit although im VERY worried about MED 4.

I'm doing Genre - Horror and Representation - I have NO idea as I had only gone to about 2 of the representation lessons so ill have to pluck something out of the air, might go for the news production if I can incorporate twitter and advancements in my answer but jesus, Im so worried about this, and I need an A!!!! lol.

Anybody got any tips on what representation demographics are pretty easy to look at and examples of where they pop up in other media texts? I think im confident with the Genre part but deffinately not with Representation.
Reply 27
were got two film texts for the MED 6
Reply 28
Clojo
were got two film texts for the MED 6

How do you know?
Reply 29
sugarx09
How do you know?

it says on the aqa website, and my teachers told me

Latest

Trending