Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthred50)
    aww man the poor audi! Dang i'd be so annoyed if that was my car.

What is that anyway - an A4?
    Yeh an A4 S-Line 2.0 Tdi IIRC

(Original post by Alex L)
    Nicee! Well it was before the paint-stripper hit it

ReputationRep:
    saw it this morning - jealous ****s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laevis)
    How much would it cost to get that sorted anyway?
    Someone like him won't settle for nothing less than perfection, so bare metal respray, 2K plus.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my...:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex L)
    Wow, I love how you know the car just by its roof :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu*et*Moi)
    Wow, I love how you know the car just by its roof :p:

"It’s a new 2008 Audi A4 2.0 TDi S-Line. When I ordered in Ibis white I really had no idea how good this would look in the flesh! The aggressive styling & S-line kit really help set it off!"

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=72763

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=73453

lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm not surprised they targeted that chap- he seemed a bit poncey with all those products for washing, and all the photos along the way. Easy target. Stereotypical audi driver too :p:

EDIT- who the hell takes the wheels off a car to wash them?! That's just weird, if the car is meant to be used. Of course they are going to get a bit grimey inside. What a nutcase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I'm not surprised they targeted that chap- he seemed a bit poncey with all those products for washing, and all the photos along the way. Easy target. Stereotypical audi driver too :p:

EDIT- who the hell takes the wheels off a car to wash them?! That's just weird, if the car is meant to be used. Of course they are going to get a bit grimey inside. What a nutcase.
    I do

And all those products is what makes the paintwork in better condition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    I do

And all those products is what makes the paintwork in better condition.
    Is it really necessary on a brand new car? You've got to admit he did look a bit poncey. I think it's justified when you have a nice sports car or something worth the same amount as a house, but not an Audi. I'm not surprised they chose his car to attack. He's a laughing stock.

Although, they really shouldn't have done that- it was a bit mean. The car made the simple man happy, so they should have left him alone

ReputationRep:
    Is it really necessary on a brand new car? You've got to admit he did look a bit poncey. I think it's justified when you have a nice sports car or something worth the same amount as a house, but not an Audi. I'm not surprised they chose his car to attack. He's a laughing stock.

Although, they really shouldn't have done that- it was a bit mean. The car made the simple man happy, so they should have left him alone
    So because he looks like a ponce, and is a laughing stock justifies ruining someones property

Hes not a ponce, look at where he is living!!

The car probally cost quite a large fraction of how much the house cost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    Hes not a ponce, look at where he is living!!

The car probally cost quite a large fraction of how much the house cost

You're ****ing unbelievable, you spoilt waste of ****ing sapce.

How about you look in the other thread, and you can see a view of his house.

ReputationRep:

Uh no. Doesn't give anyone a right to destroy it with paintstripper. Also an audi is a bloody nice car.. that one cost as much as a new porsche and yet some idiot came along and vandalised it. Why is he a laughing stock for cleaning his brand new car/being pissed off that some jealous idiot came and destroyed it? Hes obviously a car fanatic on car forums and wanted to show off his new pride and joy... ponce how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    You're ****ing unbelievable, you spoilt waste of ****ing sapce.

How about you look in the other thread, and you can see a view of his house.
    why is he spoilt ?

ReputationRep:
    Wheres this then ?

That doesnt look very poncy

ReputationRep:
    That is disgusting. Honestly I feel so bad for that guy. Not only have they wrecked his brand new car, but it was a deliberate attack. I would be worried that even if it was recovered that whoever did it would try again.

The scum that live in our world....*mumbles darkly*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    Wheres this then ?

That doesnt look very poncy

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if he was being poncey, it was his car and he can spend as much time/money on detailing it.

Being mean to other people is more of a reflection of your personality than other people. Why be mean?

What does matter is that there are people out there that carry around paint stripper to damage someone else's property.

ReputationRep:

He isn't a nutcase. It was a brand new car. When it arrives at the dealers from the factory, they clean it up ready to be picked up/delivery. He asked them not to so it arrived all waxy and dull. He is simply doing a good thorough first cleaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trance addict)
    Uh no. Doesn't give anyone a right to destroy it with paintstripper. Also an audi is a bloody nice car.. that one cost as much as a new porsche and yet some idiot came along and vandalised it. Why is he a laughing stock for cleaning his brand new car/being pissed off that some jealous idiot came and destroyed it? Hes obviously a car fanatic on car forums and wanted to show off his new pride and joy... ponce how?
    :rolleyes: I know it doesn't give anyone the right- I said as much. I just said I'm not surprised they targeted him out of all the people on that street. Chances are most people don't put that much work into an everyday, pretty common sort of car. I understand it more when it's a classic car, or a really good sports car, but not a car that you see all over the place.

I was probably a bit mean to call him a ponce- I apologise. It just seems a bit weird to put that much effort into a common car.

He wasn't a laughing stock after it was vandalised, but he probably was before. There's a man like that on my street- puts loads of effort into a 5 series BMW and everyone laughs at him, including his wife, for putting that much effort into a car that you see all over the place. Not so much when people clean the car daily, but when you have crates full of products to use, I bet there was a group of chavs round the corner having a right old giggle. Not that they should have done, and nor should someone have done that to his car- that's just downright cruel. I was just saying that he probably was the street clown for doing that much to a standard, everyday sort of car.

I'm sorry for sounding so mean- reading it back I was unnecessary cruel. It's just all so foreign to me!! I apologise sincerely

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.