Turn on thread page Beta

Browser keeps deleting my details? watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    You could try...
    1) Re-installing if you haven't already (you won't lose your addons, as long as you don't tick the box saying "remove my customisations and personal settings" or whatever it is).
    2) Creating a new profile. Start > Run > firefox.exe -p (make sure Firefox is closed first), and you can create a new profile. Beware, none of your addons, bookmarks, options or passwords will be in this profile, but if you save your bookmarks manually before creating this new profile, you can import them afterwards. As long as you don't delete your original profile, you can always go back and use it (with your original settings) if using the new one doesn't work.
    Hope this is clear-ish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    hay I am back ... feeling like I have more energy ... have we resloved this?
    Nope still not working I reinstalled and got the same problem.

Going to try the new profile thing now.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't give them to him.

ReputationRep:
    aha the new profile did it - thanks.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Thud)
    aha the new profile did it - thanks.
    Excellent. Remember you can switch profiles temporarily (as long as you didn't delete the original) to check which addons you had installed, or stuff like that

Edit: 'hixtures' gets credit for suggesting the profile manager idea before me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hixtures)
    I see I was ignored once again...
    I was going to rep you tomorrow actually

(Original post by Thud)
    I was going to rep you tomorrow actually
    :flutter:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.