Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've always been more academic than my little sister, but then she's fantastic at art and she can actually draw, paint, etc. which is far more than I can do. Our parents have never really compared us, and I'm grateful for that, but extended family tends to label me the 'smart' one and my little sis the 'pretty' one, which annoys me to no end. We've both got our strengths. Also, I feel sorry for my sister with teachers and stuff- at school, she often has the same teachers I did when I was younger and they often compare her to me, which annoys both of us.

ReputationRep:
    I'm older and so far my brother (despite being supposedly more intelligent and at a "better" school than I attended) barely achieved more than I did. I expect this to change with his A levels or there'll be trouble... as for the little sister, at the rate she's going she won't get any GCSEs due to forgetting to turn up - that child really needs to buck up her ideas :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would speak to your parents about it, and speak to her. I would generally tell her to back off.

In fact I would be so proud of my brother/sisters if they were clever than me and I want them to be. That is the true meaning of a proper brother or sister.

Having a bit of competition between your brother/sister can be healthy, but taking it to far and turning jealous, trying to put you down is just wrong.

Basically just talk to her and your parents and I hope she can understand. Your also pushing your sister and she might not say it, but you could be her inspiration for trying so hard in some of her future tests.

I wish you the best of luck mate :p:!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I'm jealous my older siblings and tired of trying to live up to their ridiculously high standards.

ReputationRep:
    My older sister seriously lacks academic brilliance, which actually makes it harder for me. I don't feel as though I have to dumb down, but I can't "play up" how well I did. It's so hard to not hurt her feelings when I want to tell absolutly everyone how well I did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwonoBB)
    I would speak to your parents about it, and speak to her. I would generally tell her to back off.

In fact I would be so proud of my brother/sisters if they were clever than me and I want them to be. That is the true meaning of a proper brother or sister.

Having a bit of competition between your brother/sister can be healthy, but taking it to far and turning jealous, trying to put you down is just wrong.

Basically just talk to her and your parents and I hope she can understand. Your also pushing your sister and she might not say it, but you could be her inspiration for trying so hard in some of her future tests.

I wish you the best of luck mate :p:!
    Thanks for the advice . I think she is proud but it just sometimes gets to her. I don't parade my results in front of her as I'm not one for bragging loads. My parents just say that she is one for being a bit highly strung, I know this well and she says things she doesn't mean.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.