Oyster Card help please! Watch

sadmollz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by la fille danse)
Er, how do you figure that? Buses are 90p a journey, and the daily price cap for buses is 3 pounds.
Yep thats with an Oyster, but if I had to pay each time got on a bus it would be £2 , but I'm gonna use an Oyster Card for a few days untill I get my 16+ one
FrenchGal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Er, how do you figure that? Buses are 90p a journey, and the daily price cap for buses is 3 pounds.
In London, without an Oyster card? I think not...
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You could get a weekly bus pass on your oyster.
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FrenchGal)
In London, without an Oyster card? I think not...
Since anyone can easily get an Oyster card, who cares what the prices are without one?
FrenchGal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since anyone can easily get an Oyster card, who cares what the prices are without one?
Tourists.
Although I ended up getting one, even though I live in Paris...
And we were discussing what the OP would be paying if he decided not to get an Oyster card right away.
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
all student oyster cards are free to get now cos they changed to the zip cards. my sister just got her first one and it was free, shes never ahd to pay for the bus ever!

bus journeys used to be £1 on oyster, when did they change?
an oyster card will never charge you more than a 1 day bus pass so its definitely worth it

i couldnt live without my oyster card, gets me half off train fairs for weeklys and over as well v. useful as i get 2 trains to college
sandettielightvessel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"Easily" is a little difficult to define. It isn't particularly easy, if you arrive in London, to get hold of one - have you ever tried using the ticket office at King's Cross, for example? (Last time I was there not only did I wait for ages, but the assistant tried to tell me that what I wanted doing was impossible (putting a YPR discount on) - took a while of arguing to get him to read the circular with instructions on how to do it.)
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (409)
46.27%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (271)
30.66%
I don't have an opinion (204)
23.08%

Watched Threads