Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    I love threads like these where the person is clearly in no way fat and just wants to be told they're thin. Go to a weightwatchers club. You'll feel thin there.
    ditto :rolleyes: . Anyone who actually thinks they're fat would never post their weight and clothes size on an internet forum.

ReputationRep:
    No, you sound fine. Heh, I'm 5ft 9 and I'm 9 stone 11 and I'm fine.

ReputationRep:
    I love threads like these where the person is clearly in no way fat and just wants to be told they're thin. Go to a weightwatchers club. You'll feel thin there.
    LOL... thats amazing.

(Original post by LB58)
    you're as fat as you let yourself think you are
    I like this.. nice outlook.

anyway OP, your not fat, i'm 5"5 and just under 9 and a half stone.. i'm not obese..

i think you'll find your BMI is in the 'normal' range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mantha)
    ditto :rolleyes: . Anyone who actually thinks they're fat would never post their weight and clothes size on an internet forum.
    Apart from as Anonymous maybe. No to be fair people do write their clothes sizes whether fat or thin. I just hate people who are under like a size 16 saying they're fat.

When a size 8 says they're fat I just assume they must see me as a giant blob stomping towards them if they pass me on the street,

ReputationRep:
    Are you able to fit through your door? Are you able to get up without heaving, wheezing, and clutching walls for support? When you want to look at your reflection, is one mirror big enough?

If you answer yes to these, no you're not fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    Uh, I'm sure you'll find a lot of happy size 10s.
    I'm sure you'll find a lot of happy size everythings.
    Because size isn't everything, and people who think if they change the way they look will be happy are lying to themselves.
    Well said

ReputationRep:
    When a size 8 says they're fat I just assume they must see me as a giant blob stomping towards them if they pass me on the street,

You have no idea how funny the images going through my head are right now :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt say fat - but not skinny - its hard to tell without a picture -

its all about what your happy with with - who cares what we think

ReputationRep:
    i am exactly the same, although a little bit taller, and i carry all my weight on my hips/thighs and am a size 10/12 ish. its annoying but i've just learnt to live with it. trust me, your definately not fat!

ReputationRep:
    This thread is useless without pictures.

ReputationRep:
    If you find yourself asking the question: Am I fat? then you are

ReputationRep:
    babes, we cant tell from your words, we need to see a pic!

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot of people would consider a size 10/12 fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Stu)
    Yeah but that's probably just the question this girl was asking herself every time she looked in a mirror

http://www.portfolio.mvm.ed.ac.uk/st...9/anorexic.jpg

ReputationRep:
    That made me LOL so much. :laugh:

OP. No, you're not fat.

(Original post by Big Stu)
    What about people with eating disorders?

ReputationRep:
    edit

ReputationRep:
    They probably meant that your body fat percentage was high. you can be under weight and 'invisibly obese'

ReputationRep:
    You don't sound fat to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gossip Girl xoxo)
    I weight 9st 2. and i'm a size 10, sometimes 12 in jeans.
    I'm 5ft 6 and a half but eventhough i have a flat stomach i carry alot of weight on my hips!
    I've started to watch what I eat and go to the gym when i can be bothered.
    I've always known i could do with loosing a little beacuse i feel fat around all my slim friends. But it just hit me as when i got weighed at the gym they told me i carried a little body fat that i need to loose! Does anyone else concider this to be fat? is anyone else my size and happy?
    i'm 5'8" and i weigh around 9st 6
    i'm size 12
    and i'm not fat
    so neither are you!

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, please don't let's bring anorexia into this discussion. It depresses me above and beyond anything else on this earth, and I am sick of being surrounded by it it's so impossible to avoid hearing about.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.