Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to picture my dad's face if I tried to cuddle or kiss him.
    It's actually making my sides hurt a little :laugh:

I only hug my dad on very special occasions- the only one I can think of offhand is when I got my Oxford offer, so yeah it's definitely saved only for big deals. Oh, and if I'm going on holidays I'll hug and kiss my parents, but that's usually because I'm convinced that I'll die in a plane crash and we'll never see each other again.

Charming, ain't it? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Yeah I snog my dad as a greeting.
    The things continentals do are beyond me...

ReputationRep:
    As long as no tongues are involved, fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_vogue)

But at least they know they're loved

ReputationRep:
    No, I've not read the other posts but my parents/grandparents and stuff kiss me all the time!

ReputationRep:
    It's true love. Family is what matters after all!

Also:
    Spoiler:
    Show

PHWOAR at you :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I never do it hmmm bit weird!

ReputationRep:
    I kiss my parents all the time on the cheek to say bye and or just random bursts of affection when I'm in a good mood haha
    I wouldn't know about being close to a sibling seeing as I am an only child but a lot of my friends are close with their siblings especially older brothers.
    I really wouldn't worry about it too much!

There was one girl I know who up to the age of 16 would change her tampon in the bathroom with the door wide open and when her dad was in the there...now that's when things start to get a little F R E A K Y.

ReputationRep:
    It's true love. Family is what matters after all!

Also:
    Spoiler:
    Show

PHWOAR at you :eek:
    Awww thanks Hey where are you from in Switzerland? I lived there for 10 years, really miss it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silentsea)
    There was one girl I know who up to the age of 16 would change her tampon in the bathroom with the door wide open and when her dad was in the there...now that's when things start to get a little F R E A K Y.
    WTF! :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silentsea)
    I kiss my parents all the time on the cheek to say bye and or just random bursts of affection when I'm in a good mood haha
    I wouldn't know about being close to a sibling seeing as I am an only child but a lot of my friends are close with their siblings especially older brothers.
    I really wouldn't worry about it too much!

I once knew a 16 year old whose mother would shave her legs for her in the bath.

I knew a guy who slept in bed with his Mum, and she would shower and change her tampons in front of him...he was like 14....

And this other girl I knew, her and her parents and younger brother would always just hang around the house naked together.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I snog my dad as a greeting.

I thought that was normal!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I knew a guy who slept in bed with his Mum, and she would shower and change her tampons in front of him...he was like 14....

And this other girl I knew, her and her parents and younger brother would always just hang around the house naked together.
    omg asif! wel that makes me feel normal then! LOL

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I kiss my mum on the cheek when I say hello. Used to do the same for my daddy but he is dead .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not sure being naked around the house together is too much of a big deal though (imo). I wouldn't be comfortable with it with my family, but I don't really think it's ''eww''...

ReputationRep:
    This conversation is making me feel a little ill.

ReputationRep:
    Awww thanks Hey where are you from in Switzerland? I lived there for 10 years, really miss it...
    Basle.

Nah I'm not actually from Switzerland. I'm just cheering them on for Euro 2008 :ninja:

(Original post by maddi_666)
    I thought that was normal!
    Of course it is. Nothing wrong with it. It's PC gone mad :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Im 29 and I still kiss my Mum, 'hello and goodbye' nothing wrong with it at all IMO. Its just nice

ReputationRep:
    Ye I'd kick them, nothing weird about it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.