Turn on thread page Beta

I want to look my age gawddamnit watch

ReputationRep:
    Once you get older you'll spend your life wanting to look younger. Don't worry about it to much. But maybe you can dress more mature? If you're running around in teeny glittery stuff and trainers then of course they'll think you're young, if you're that small.

If you have a young looking face then that'll probably benefit you when you're older, as disturbing as it sounds an awful lot of the worlds hottest girls have young faces.

By the way don't start dressing slutty to look older, just wear more mature things and act mature, that's all you can do.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/a-c/big-01.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and look older....a person I've worked with for two years thought I was 21...which just means i'll look like a hag at 30! embrace looking younger!! while you can!! you will love it when you're 40
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Be thankful you look young.

ReputationRep:
    I have a really round babyish face, so people always assume I'm younger than I am, even though I'm 5' 7. I'm only 18 so I don't really mind it at all at the moment. I don't look young when I'm on a night out though, because I take time over my appearance and dress more mature than I do in day to day life.

Also, don't assume you're unsexy because of your voice. I have a fairly flat-ish voice, and also what I think is a boyish figure, but I pump myself full of self confidence and it helps! Don't put yourself down... besides some guys like the innocent thing :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what's wrong with looking 17.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i have the same problem, i'm 18 but got asked for ID to buy a 12 DVD the other day...

ReputationRep:
    Awww OP watch America's Next Top Model where they tell 22 year olds that they look too old and not "fresh" enough to be a model it will make you feel good about looking young.

ReputationRep:
    Lol my problems the other way round..

When I was about 12 people thought I was 16/17. My mates always ask me to buy alcohol for them :eek:

Shoulda drank your milk when younger.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and have had a few people think I'm about 20 at times. Seriously doesn't make you feel good :console:

ReputationRep:
    Your lack of confidence is probably a major factor in appearing younger than you are. If you are outgoing and confident ( I know, easier said than done but thats another issue) you will add years to your appearance. Get a funky hair cut, some decent fitting clothes and youre away. Never let it get in the way, it really is of no consequence. So what if you get id'd, everyone gets id'd, you show your id and go in, no big deal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.