Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlurr)
    Going in a limo is pointless because everyone does it, so no one will notice you.

Me and my friends rented an old bus, one of the red ones. Only had to pay about £15 each. Then again, there was about 30 of us haha ^_^
    We are walking to the prom lol. Even cheaper. Haha.

The hotel we've booked is about 5 minutes away from Old Trafford, so we are getting ready there with lots of booze from about 4pm and then walking up. Just glad I haven't bought a really big prom-style dress lol as walking around Trafford in it would seem really silly.

=D

ReputationRep:
    We got a limo for our Christmas Dance last year (which is a bigger deal than the prom at our school) although we only got it as the school had some prize draw with the limo as a prize, twas great fun, I really enjoyed it, although I wouldn't have wanted to pay for it!

ReputationRep:
    Limousines are overrated. I had to pay £25 to drive around in one for half an hour, and it's not just that they're a ripoff, i had to sit inside (which isn't as fun as it look from the outside) and listen to embarrassing music for most of that time whilst the chauffeur tried to park because they're so impractical. I'd do something else if i were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Yeah, I wouldn't bother if I was you. Just looks tacky.
    my thoughts exactly

ReputationRep:
    noveltylimos.co.uk
    They still have spaces available, and if you don't want a limo, you can have a stretch American style police car, or fire engine, whey.

ReputationRep:
    Our limo was awesome
    Music, champagne (sp?) they really are good fun!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Limos used to be classy, now they're just full of screechy teenagers going to prom or tarty women on their hen nights.

Get a helicopter

ReputationRep:
    Ours cost a LOT of money.

Around £27 each for 15 people. Was so good though, and we drove around for about an hour before and after prom. It had loads of strobe lights and stuff too. Worth the money.

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad idea if you can afford it but don't waste your money unless it really is worth it.

Don't bother if the journey is only something petty like 5 or 10 minutes distance.

ReputationRep:
    we paid £250 for a fire engine to take us to our prom! we had the best transport and won an award for it! yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    Haha, was it pink? :cool:
    no it was white but was really good insidewe had a normal pink limo for leaves day

ReputationRep:
    I arrived in a police riot control van Applause from everyone as we went up the driveway. And it was free.

ReputationRep:
    OMG the worst thing just happened! Oh no! I just confirmed and paid for this limo which seemed perfect. Quite low price, complimentary drinks etc and it was good because I got the last limo they had. HOWEVER - MASSIVE PREDICAMENT.
    THEY JUST TOLD ME IT's PINK!!!! AGHHHH! Will be FUNNY though LOL!

ReputationRep:
    In Rogers Profanisaurous a Limosine is defined as a "Proles Royce".That should tell you all you need to now about those hideous vehicles and the god awful JAde Goody-alikes that inhabit them.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.