Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhyZ)
    Really doubt you'll get it all done before the holidays, although set a few weeks aside where you can concentrate for a couple of hours a day to get it done.
    But as I mentioned, I will be concentrating entirely on the coursework. In other words, ten hours a day of nothing but c/w

ReputationRep:
    pfft 10 hours on cw? i got 2 pieces of english done in 10 hours, it really shouldn't take the whole holidays .. i would recommend spacing it out and do about 2 hours a day max since essays will kill you if you try cram them all into one day
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by The Nightingale)
    But as I mentioned, I will be concentrating entirely on the coursework. In other words, ten hours a day of nothing but c/w
    10 hours is definitely too much. I think about 5 or 6 hours a day would be ideal.

ReputationRep:
    However long you're prepared to spend.

I spent ridiculous amounts of time on my coursework, but then I'm a perfectionist, and had to make sure everything was right before I handed it in. I also always wrote far too much as well, my PRS in Humanities was something like 100 pages! :eek:

I would say don't be so worried about how long you should be spending, as it differs for everyone. Just spend as long as you are comfortable with, and when you feel like you can't improve it anymore, that is the time to stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    10 hours is definitely too much. I think about 5 or 6 hours a day would be ideal.
    even thats too much

ReputationRep:
    Well, ten hours is the usual amount I study for.

So I thought I should be doing a similar amount for c/w.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by trance addict)
    even thats too much
    It's subjective. Maybe she has a high concentration span, whereas you and I don't?

ReputationRep:
    That's no way to spend time in the summer hols! :p:

If you honestly think you can do it. Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I do have a high concentration span. I only have to break every three to four hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    It's subjective. Maybe she has a high concentration span, whereas you and I don't?
    hahaha i have a very high concentration span dont worry.. just youll end up burning yourself out trying to cram loads of coursework in with a very tight schedule and loose motivation and passion for the subject

i really hated maths CW too, lucky it doesnt count for that much and I can make my grade up to an A through exams

@night, i was working at a C/B grade and i can easily tackle A/A* problems (mostly because i was lazy though), i did this in about 3 months too.. you're allowed to schedule your day as you see fit so you should have no problems getting up to scratch with maths if you just practice it

ReputationRep:
    Depending on how you work best. I work best under pressure, so having it finished over the summer was not the best option for me. The one piece of coursework which I did over the summer was the worst piece for me, in comparison to the ones which I did the night before.

I would spread the coursework out over the summer. 2 hours a day over the summer, should leave you plenty of time to relax, and have a break, while working efficiently.

ReputationRep:
    I am so inteligent that when i do coursework it only takes me 2 minutes as i can recall facts on any event or do the math or write a critical analysis of the landuage and juxtaposition used in act 3 scene 3 of Romeo and Juliet.

Incase i didn't tell you i am really intelligent and much better than you at absolutely everything.

Everyone is inferior to me

ReputationRep:
    Well, ten hours is the usual amount I study for.

So I thought I should be doing a similar amount for c/w.
    Wow, and you are year 10...

Well Done

But 10 hours is a tad too much. Do one draft, check, re-draft, and type up should take about 1 day of hard concentration and work. Will your teachers mark your draft?

ReputationRep:
    My geogr cw took 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadWarrior)

Well Done

But 10 hours is a tad too much. Do one draft, check, re-draft, and type up should take about 1 day of hard concentration and work. Will your teachers mark your draft?
    agreed.. in year 10 all i wanted to do was play on my xbox:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadWarrior)

Well Done

My teachers mark all my drafts and give tips for improvement, correct errors etc. We are allowed to do a maximum of seven drafts :eek: , although I've only had to do one for the English c/ws so far.

ReputationRep:
    the joys of cw.. it killed my passion for english

ReputationRep:
    My teachers mark all my drafts and give tips for improvement, correct errors etc. We are allowed to do a maximum of seven drafts :eek: , although I've only had to do one for the English c/ws so far.
    In that case you've got it easy, for most of my coursework I wasn't allowed a draft at all, which I could've used for history

ReputationRep:
    Can I come to your school :eek:

Ok, do one draft, let teachers mark and correct your draft to fit your teacher's advice. That should be enough for you

Give a good couple of days for each coursework to make sure you do well. There's no point in rushing it

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    In that case you've got it easy, for most of my coursework I wasn't allowed a draft at all, which I could've used for history
    i think i did 2 or 3 max for english.. history i only ever did 2 max

maths was all first draft though

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.