Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Door)
    Ye but my name is John Anderson....and theres ONLY ONE other person with that name in my WHOLE school!!
    You've said it yourself.

Why not write it though? Just laziness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figureeight)
    You've said it yourself.

Why not write it though? Just laziness?

Well the thing is our handwriting is REALLY different so its easy to just tell us apart from the exam papers..

(Original post by Door)
    Well the thing is our handwriting is REALLY different so its easy to just tell us apart from the exam papers..
    Don't be such a ****wit. Write it.

I'm getting troll'd aren't I? ;dry;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figureeight)
    I'm getting troll'd aren't I? :dry:
    Yes. Yes you are.

Christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upturnedpalms)
    You realise it's not just your school taking exams? It's quite possible there are more people with the same name out there. And why should they have to sit there poring over your handwriting? Just write the number, for God's sake!

but is it REALLY that important?? I just dont see why..

ReputationRep:
    It doubt it would make a difference if you're candidate number was wrong, they know your name, date of birth and the name of the centre you sat the exam at...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that could be a slight issue, although im pretty sure all scottish candidate numbers start with a 0, so they will probably realise, but i would contact your school anyway just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    do u need to write ur candidate number? I dnt cos they have ur name so y bother??
    Christ !!!! What is wrong with people :shock:

Theres a reason they Give you your Candidate Number Before the exam, AND during it if need be. They even give you a SCN Card to take with you into the exam to make sure you don't forget it !

It is VERY important !!! If it wasn't then why would the go to such bother and expense to ensure you know it :eyebrow: !

Name does not matter, Theres 3 people in my school with the same name doing the exams at the same time, Both sat Higher English. If they didn't write their candidate numbers who knows if they would have got the correct grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)

If you fail on the basis of not writing your candidate number out of laziness, I have absolutely not even the slightest bit of sympathy for you #nopity# :clap2:

Oh, and how do you expect the marker to know what your handwriting is like :eyebrow: ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jord91)
    If you fail on the basis of not writing your candidate number out of laziness, I have absolutely not even the slightest bit of sympathy for you #nopity# :clap2:

Oh, and how do you expect the marker to know what your handwriting is like :eyebrow: ???

Fair enough he might not no, but I write in dark black ink but i find that most other people write in blue....i mean differences like that (i.e. colour of ink) have got to stand out...

ReputationRep:
    erm no, you're just a fool frankly.

It would have taken you 2 second to write out your SCN

Ansd for the record I wrote in blue and black ink during the exams so no you won't stand out at all

ReputationRep:
    Guys - everyone needs to chill out about this...

Besides, all exam scripts are checked before they are sent out.

I can remember I realised I never wrote my Candidate number on my French additional paper and I told the Director of Studies, and he said that every paper is checked for every exam, as there is always SOMEONE that does it for every single paper...

So, to conclude your paper will be checked before mailing to see if your number is correct and present, and also with the case of IB exams, if you have written the question numbers etc (and the correct ones!!) at the front.

Quite often different questions, particularly in essay papers, are sent to different people, so it's important all of this kind of stuff is sorted out internally at school before the papers get sent away into the unknown.

DO NOT WORRY - just focus on your next exam!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    Fair enough he might not no, but I write in dark black ink but i find that most other people write in blue....i mean differences like that (i.e. colour of ink) have got to stand out...
    1) What if the papers are scanned? The colours might not look so different.
    2) The same examiner might not mark both yours and other person's paper.
    3) Even if it was the same examiner, they would still have to look up your candidate number.
    4) What if the other person (out of genuine forgetfulness) didn't write their candidate number?
    5) Not all your exams will be marked by the same person, or even at the same time, so they can hardly be expected to compare handwriting and colours of ink.

To think that you don't have to write your candidate number because only one person in your school has the same name, you have different handwriting, use different colour inks and whatever other reasons you might give, is just ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indiehunni)
    I'll try & explain this the best I can..
    On every exam I just sat i forgot to put the 0 before the rest of my candidate number :eek: wtf can anyone do about this? Think i've def failed them now. How could i have been so__<-you can decide the word lol.

Our school's invigilators told us that your date of birth is more important than your correct candidate number. So as long as you've written down the right date of birth on your exam papers you don't have to worry about a thing.

ReputationRep:
    You people would riot for anything, wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)
    erm no, you're just a fool frankly.

It would have taken you 2 second to write out your SCN

Ansd for the record I wrote in blue and black ink during the exams so no you won't stand out at all

Fine you might have but did you use biro or fountain pen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    3) Even if it was the same examiner, they would still have to look up your candidate number.
    4) What if the other person (out of genuine forgetfulness) didn't write their candidate number?
    5) Not all your exams will be marked by the same person, or even at the same time, so they can hardly be expected to compare handwriting and colours of ink.

To think that you don't have to write your candidate number because only one person in your school has the same name, you have different handwriting, use different colour inks and whatever other reasons you might give, is just ignorance.

How is that ignorance!!??? Fine you spend hours writing ur candidate number over and over again but I think its just a silly attitude towards the whole thing...different pen colour, different handwriting, different pens, different style of writing, different vocabulary: all very substantial differences between candidates.

Its like when you don't write your name on a homewrok, the teacher usually figures it out right??

ReputationRep:
    I seriously think he is a troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    How is that ignorance!!??? Fine you spend hours writing ur candidate number over and over again but I think its just a silly attitude towards the whole thing...different pen colour, different handwriting, different pens, different style of writing, different vocabulary: all very substantial differences between candidates.

Its like when you don't write your name on a homewrok, the teacher usually figures it out right??
    Did you even read the rest of what I wrote?

(Original post by hobo06)
    Yes they may be very substantial differences, and yes the teachers probably can figure it out. But it's not the teachers marking your exams, it is someone who you have never met (and most probably never will). The examiners have so many papers to mark that they are not going to sit there to compare different handwriting/inks/vocabulary.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.