Wrong candidate number!!! Watch

ARROB
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
m8, the same thing happened to me in my GCSE's: I got an A*. They are sent off as a batch of scripts from your school so it wont be a problem.
Supermassive_muse_fan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aww, you are not alone. I wrote the right centre number of my school on the test paper..and then wrote the wrong one on the extra sheet i asked for..which is if you run out of space of the real paper. For some reason i decided to swap the middle two numbers....:confused:

im not really sure how many times i did that...its only because i had 25 minutes left and i had finished the paper that i decided to check EVERYTHING but dont worry about it. they have your name on there, and your school number, besides as ARROB said they are sent in packs for each school.

Just keep calm
it'll be fine, this stuff probably happens to them a lot.
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry, I totally buggered mine up once and put the centre number as the candidate number and all sorts all over and mine still got marked.
It's just to make things easier for your exams office I think!
LadyEnglish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember i put the wrong question number once and even that had to go through the head of department and the exam board, god forbid the examiner should just have to spend an extra few seconds of his time realising i answered the question above the one i said i had answered :rolleyes: Ah well, not sure how candidate numbers affect exams...
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Gah:mad:
I've been calling my school all day. The exam officer won't answer her bloody phone!!!!!
Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always get scared I do. It's with moving centres.
freeforever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I believe that the candidate number is only there to help the examiner identify you, so if you got the other details ok then you should be fine. also the candidate number has nothing to do with the exam board, its only from your school (mine changed when I changed schools so I went and asked lol!) so you should be ok
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I contacted my exam officer! She wouldn't do anything though, just said that if there was a problem they'd call her!!!
And then she shut the door.
IS THAT IT?????
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by int_relations_2k8)
I contacted my exam officer! She wouldn't do anything though, just said that if there was a problem they'd call her!!!
And then she shut the door.
IS THAT IT?????
Yes that's it. If your exams officer says it'll be fine then it will be, that's what they're paid for. Exam boards will have contingency plans in order if all the numbers and the names on the front of the answer booklet don't add up, they won't just fail you. Don't worry about it
SomeStudent
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
it will be alright...
student_s
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol that once happened to my friend and they gave her an x because they thought she didn't do the exam...only joking it should be fine! Don't worry just speak to your exams officer
mikeywang
Report 10 years ago
my brother put down the wrong candidate number on his.
once he got the results, he requested his script
and on the paper, the examiner had corrected his candiate number and it said "caniddate number changed by examiner" on the paper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise