Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoTango)
    Then again, I will have told myself I've got all Es by the time I open them, so it may just be a pleasant surprise :P
    That's exactly what I did when I had my results (fair few years ago now, though). It really helped, and the pleasant surprise was definitely pleasant, alright. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i'm predicted A's, but the only subjects i definately think i've got A's in are maths, biology, geography and digital applications (2 gcse's).
    the rest i'm pretty sure i've got B's... which i'd still be really happy with, but i really don't want to let my parents down and i'm worried they'll be disappointed!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    right this is what I was wondering..
    will some of my teachers already have seen my results before I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    right this is what I was wondering..
    will some of my teachers already have seen my results before I do?
    No they shouldn't do. Your results will be in a sealed envelope and you'll be the first one to see all of them.

ReputationRep:
    I've read that teachers tend to get all your results off the different slips from different boards and put them all together on one sheet for you in the envelope? besides, it must be the school that puts them in the envelope anyway seen as there are different boards?

I just really want to be the first to know!

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not looking forward to it. My family are also on holiday, so my tutor has said they will email them to my Dad's Blackberry...I'd hate to hear them read out to me over the phone...

They are going to make or break that holiday...Will be gutted if i dont attain 5 A* or get the A*s I want (need?) in science.... Though i did my best in those papers though so hopefully.

Edit: So it will be annoying as my Tutor will see all of them first instead of me...I will be insulted if they say they are good, yet i didnt attain the threshold stated above.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the 20th of August will be the day when all GCSE students up and down the country will be failing to get any sleep, desperately waiting for the 21st of august.

I hope that the teachers don't see them beforehand. After all, results are supposed to be private. I'm going to find a quiet corner and open the envelope.....

ReputationRep:
    EEK! just the thought scares me.. imagine how i'd be when actually getting my results!

ReputationRep:
    Verrryyy terrified. I've been thinking that these exams have been going ok, but I've barely been revising, so it could just be me thinking they are when instead I've been failing all of them. If I do fail most of my exams, no idea what I'm going to do.

ReputationRep:
    wow. At 12 am i'm gonna be remebering all the GCSE students...wohoo!

ReputationRep:
    i think the teachers do know your results. After all, who comiles all the certificates friom all the exam boards?

ReputationRep:
    yep, certain teachers do get to know them (but not all... your subject teacher might not know your grade)... my mum is a teacher, and she gets all the A-level/GCSE results back to organise them/see if offers have been made, before the actual results day...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, normally the teachers go into schools the day before to see the results.

ReputationRep:
    i think the english teachers at my school get the english papers bk....

ReputationRep:
    I'm most worried about Maths, 4H [IGCSE] was a real toughy & now I'm worried I've got a D. [I only just scraped a C in my mock & it was easier than the actual exam] which would mean having to retake it.

I was given an Edexcel online login pin thing so, assuming the website isn't down the whole night, I can check before I get the envelope at school.

And yes, teachers do usually the results before you, my mum is a teacher & an hour before the kids come and collect their results, they go up on a big board in the staff area at her school.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not gonna panic about it because there's nothing I can do now.
    Apart from revise for my last four exams.

I go on holiday in August though, so on the plane coming back on Saturday 16th I'll probably be running up and down the aisle.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably not think about them until a week before the results day and then I'll panic, it'll be like waiting for Christmas when I was little, that same weird sense of waiting. I will be tense and irritable I just know it .

ReputationRep:
    I'm more excited than nervous. I'll get whatever grades i deserve, so there's no reason to panic about it; if i dont get a great grade i'll know that i couldnt get it because i have worked hard, so theres no point getting upset if i do badly.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest the nerves and anticipation are the best bit.

ReputationRep:
    A-Levels are memorisation exercise. They're incredibly futile -- and yet universities regard them.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.