Turn on thread page Beta

What to do in long year 11 summer holiday.. watch

ReputationRep:
    I need to find a job, easier said than done though in a foreign country when you have limited knowledge of the language!

I'll try though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    As above

Almost finished my GCSEs and I'm going to have a very long summer holiday! Only thing is I can see myself getting really bored and anticipating results day.
    I'm going to try and get a summer job and I really should try and get some medical work experience but all the hospitals I've tried are booked for the summer
    Obviously, I'm going to do the whole going out with friends thing but that gets boring!
    Anyway has anyone got any weird and wonderful ideas on what I should do in the summer holiday?
    Thanks!
    GO ON HOLIDAY GET INTO SOME SUMMER CAMPS

HAVE A FEW ORGYS AND CHILL CAUSE WHEN YOU GET INTO AS YOU WILL FORGET WAT RELAXATION IS

ReputationRep:
    Relax, read some good books, watch some films and spend some quality time with your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlurr)
    Official tidy up of the room (HUUUUUUUGE JOB)
    In a way I don't want my exams to finish, just so I don't have to do this!

ReputationRep:
    Try and make a short film or video about something meaningful. It is quite difficult as my sister found out last year. Good topics poverty, crime, illiteracy, violence etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeautifullyTragic)
    In a way I don't want my exams to finish, just so I don't have to do this!
    HA, i know. My mother keeps telling me i have to do it and i keep saying 'yes motherrr, after exams!' >_> So i cant really think of any excuses afterwards...

ReputationRep:
    Move to Ireland and your "long" summer hols here will seem short :p:

We got three months

ReputationRep:
    Drink.
    Drink.
    Drink.
    Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlurr)
    HA, i know. My mother keeps telling me i have to do it and i keep saying 'yes motherrr, after exams!' >_> So i cant really think of any excuses afterwards...
    My mum's alright, but my dad threatened to hire a skip while I'm at uni and throw everything into it Couldn't quite tell if he was joking or not.

ReputationRep:
    Have a 'how much milk can you drink?' competition with your mates... lovely!! :P
    volunteer in a charity shop
    go to a theme park
    throw fruit off tall buildings
    play frisbeeeee
    steal a policman's hat

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a temping agency and I'm going to get some office / retail work. They've said they'll take me, I just have to send in my CV.

Apart from that, I'm going gliding , and next week I'm going to Germany for 5 days (it's cheaper during this time of year) and I'm also hopefully going to drum up more business for my pet sitting business

ReputationRep:
    Get an Interrail train pass and travel around Europe!!!
    Go down to Cornwall and have a barbeque on the beach and take along someone who plays acoustic guitar.

ReputationRep:
    I had a very geeky summer after my GCSEs. Weekends were reserved for family stuff, but during the week I would be around my friends or they would come over and we would play A LOT of Tekken 5 (which had just come out then) and Soul Calibur 2.

I played tons of games that I had built up over the months leading up to my exams. During the nighttime I would be up until like 3am on MSN. Got to know a few people better who added me during the year.

Yup, all good stuff. It was truly a summer to cherish.

This summer I will be spending 2 weeks abroad in between a lot of trips down to Troc (for Tekken 6 of course :p:).

Towards the end of it I will probably be panicking about my results/sorting things out for Uni.

ReputationRep:
    oh wow! Thanks for the suggestions you lot! I'm excited about the summer now!
    I'll write a list of things I need to do :P

ReputationRep:
    I worked about 3-4 days per week, on my days off I'd go out with mates to enjoy the sun, play some sports get drunk whenever we had money. Weekend nights there was always something to do or somewhere to get drunk.

I really think it's the best way to spend holidays, it was probably my most favorite holiday the work made going out such a reward, you'd spend all day working, then go to get wasted knowing that you've made quite a bit of money today plus you can afford to get as drunk as you want.

:P

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.