Turn on thread page Beta

How to pass your driving test... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondgeezer)
    Sorry how many times?? :rolleyes:

Sometimes you've got to take some frank advice. It's not like I was insulting you...Just driving tests arn't about luck.
    Well done, ^+1

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I wasn't saying it's totally about luck. I mean it depends what your nerves are like on the day. Either you'll be lucky with your nerves or you won't. That is what I meant more than anything. And nerves made me make stupid mistakes like not glancing in a particular mirror or making me unnecessarily hesitant at a roundabout or something because I got a blank, but whatever. It depends on who else is on the road and how they are driving too. And there is a certain amount of luck involved in that. I'm not saying it has nothing to do with how you drive And thank you suze

ReputationRep:
    well they do say first time passers are the worst drivers later on!

I just hope i pass first time next week =)

ReputationRep:
    Its not down to luck at all imo, its all down to your skill as a driver...nerves are apart of driving so thats certainly no excuse/reason

Well said!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get nervous when I'm driving generally.
    I got nervous before/ during the test, because I don't do exam conditions.
    But whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    But whatever.
    same im a over confident driver when im on my own or in lessons just the tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    But whatever.
    Life is one big exam condition. Say for example a car stepped out in front of you at a junction and you didn't have the time to brake due to the road being saturated, knowing what's around you by checking mirrors often would decide if you are able to swirve into the adjacent lane or if you're going to have to take it on the chin and swipe their front end off. If beside you is empty then it becomes avoidable but if you swirve into another car it becomes your fault. If you are nervous in a test, what happens when the pressure's on and someone is shouting at you for causing an accident?

The reasons you've given for failing was for failing to observe what's around you, not due to "bad luck". Congrats on passing now but be careful on the roads.

ReputationRep:
    By exam conditions, I mean the fact that I'm being assessed.
    Silly, but true.
    But yeah, I actually give up justifying myself now because people still manage to miss the point.
    Thank you for patronising me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lapis lazuli)
    No offence but thats bad driving, do that out on the road and see how long it is until theres a car in that blindspot you failed to check. You have to be realy pedantic with everything on your test not just to pass but for your own safety. BUT if its nerves thats making you do that just relax, forget that the examiner is there and drive like you would in a normal lesson.
    I have to agree, even if the manoeuvre was perfect thats not all passing the test is about. Passing the test is only the start of learning to drive anyway:yy:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.