Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    here we go! less than 24 hours now, im a bit annoyed it's an afternoon exam, I'd rather it was in the morning to get it out of the way so I can start revising for friday's biology exams!!

ReputationRep:
    I've forgotten almost all of this exam. It's so annoying I got maths tomorrow too. I'm good with everything except the organics and the Spectroscopy. Anyone know any good way to revise these? I spent the whole last week revising for my physics I just sorta pushed this aside

ReputationRep:
    use an organic scheme of reactions (like in the text book) copy it out and learn it by rote at a minimum. for example learn how alcohols go to aldehydes, by which mechanism and which reactants/reagents. how do you obtain aldehyde as opposed to carboxylic acid etc. there are a lot of them, but it will help.

ReputationRep:
    our teacher thinks theres gonna be a big organic nmr question

ReputationRep:
    yah i suspect your right, deduce the structure etc?

ReputationRep:
    I expect NMR because it was really crappy Infra Red in January. It'll probably ask what all the past papers with NMR have, they'll give you a formula and some NMR data with the splitting patters on it, then you have to say which tells you what group it is and then draw the whole thang

ReputationRep:
    mm hopefully won't be too bad, has anyone got a copy of the Jan 08 paper that I could possibly have a look at??

ReputationRep:
    this is an afternoon exam, ah so that means C4 is in the morning and i have all of tomorrow to revise for it.. nice one!

ReputationRep:
    well, all of two and a half hours. (chem starts at 1pm right?)

Afternoon exams are much better for me at least (no exams on fri) cus i can revise in the morning and im generally the better for it.

ReputationRep:
    good luck to everyone for today!!
    i just hope and pray that deducing structures from nmr etc dont come up....

ReputationRep:
    yeah good luck everybody! x

ReputationRep:
    so because i can't find another thread on it............how did evry1 feel they did? i thought it was much better than january, shocked by the amount of calculations......some of the isomer Q's were hard. Section B went really well i think *crosses fingers* so how about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Think I've done pretty well. Screwed up with the primary amine though, and I think I might have got the names wrong in the last part of question 7.

ReputationRep:
    I MISSED OUT question 7!!!! OMG I'm bricking it now. I remember thinking oh I'll come back to this later because there was an easy 9 marks for just those tests and observations. Then I just went back and tried to do all the questions I hadn't done and completely lost track of time. How many marks was it worth??? SHould still get a B.

ReputationRep:
    That buffer question was so confuzing! they gave way too much data you ddnt know what to use :s why cant they just make it simple.

The isomers were straight forward so was section B dont think i did so well though as question 1 just threw me off

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how it went really, calcs were ok - the buffer q was a tad confusing, think section B was ok, the amide question took a lot of brainpower! ahhh i just hate not knowing how I did!

TheBrahmaBull - I think question 7 was about 10-15 marks. Say it was 15, and you got the whole rest of the paper right - that would have been 83%
    fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    pH of the buffer - 4.32. Hope it was right. I cut my losses with the amide questions and skipped onto section B which was nice and easy, 9 marks for those reagents and observations was far too good

ReputationRep:
    That was a 50:50 mix of okay and terrible

ReputationRep:
    omg i got 4.02 for the ph of the buffer........

ReputationRep:
    I thought the buffer became more basic instead of more acidic

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.