Report 10 years ago
Even UWE is in a different league to London Met
flugestuge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alvin)
If I were you, and if given the opportunity, I would do an LLM at a top Uni just for personal satisfaction. Employment prospect wise, I don't really know. But your LLM MIGHT just be considered (there is still a possibility isn't it?), and you shall pray that it would.
In the UK, nobody cares about your LLM unless it is from Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard. Normally only the LLB matters. And doing from London Met will destroy any chance of actually working as a lawyer.

Of course, if the OP is content to spend her life as a paralegal, doing secretarial work, then the London Met may be adequate.
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nobody really cares about your LLM even if it is from Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard (and just for your information, Harvard isn't even the top US law school: Yale has been way out in front for decades but it has such a tiny intake and is so much more selective everyone who knows nothing harks on about Harvard) if you want to be a solicitor. The Bar seems to view LLMs as perhaps more relevant, although to be honest I think most people who do an LLM before going to the Bar are probably just doing it because they failed to get pupillage in the first round...
eve_22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Out of interest, what about Westminster then?
flugestuge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)
Out of interest, what about Westminster then?
Pretty scummy, but not as bad as "Lundun Meht-a"
AdamTJ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lewisy-boy)
Nobody really cares about your LLM even if it is from Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard (and just for your information, Harvard isn't even the top US law school: Yale has been way out in front for decades but it has such a tiny intake and is so much more selective everyone who knows nothing harks on about Harvard) if you want to be a solicitor. The Bar seems to view LLMs as perhaps more relevant, although to be honest I think most people who do an LLM before going to the Bar are probably just doing it because they failed to get pupillage in the first round...
Such cynicism Lewis! What about the pursuit of knowledge for knowledge's sake? Or that aspiring barristers think it will boost their applications (which for instance a BCL definitely does). Otherwise, basically agree with everything that has been said in that post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads