Does this seem a good routine/diet? Watch

polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I managed to diet down to a size 6/8 but looked rather bad.. people asked if I was sick! I'm now a size 10 at 5'9" and I've put on weight anyway because of HRT I've been taking.
BrightGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I had breakfast today - weetabix But no gym/exercise, felt too lazy!

(Original post by Freud)
It sounds like you're aiming to be underweight.
I'm a medium healthy weight for my height now at 5"7 so I think by dropping a dress size it won't affect my BMI much
I know 8/10 is a great size, but I think that if I can be a little smaller and still healthy then why not

(Original post by polka_dott)
I managed to diet down to a size 6/8 but looked rather bad.. people asked if I was sick! I'm now a size 10 at 5'9" and I've put on weight anyway because of HRT I've been taking.
Wow that's tall, I wish I was a bit taller... I bet size 10's perfect! If I ever get to size 6 and people tell me I look awful I spose i'll just go back to how I am now
Miss Monkey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be a size 6 at 5 foot 7 surely you'd have to be quite underweight? I'm a size 8 and when I went to the doctors and got weighed (obviously my scales were not very accurate :eek:) she worked out my BMI was 17.6 (so already technically underweight). To get into a size 6 my BMI would have to be about 15!
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lady Venom)
Eat more and exercise. You HAVE to eat more including breakfast to get your metabolism going to shift weight.

Breakfast like a King
Lunch like a Prince
Dinner like a Pauper.

With 3 extra meals in between. Depending on your goals depends on your evening meal size. I don't have many carbs in the evening unless I know I'm doing some heavy cardio the next morning. Instead I usually have a complex carb an hour before in the morning, but then I'm not trying to be a size 6. I'm trying to be super duperly fit and have an awesome body - the size 6 just came with that goal and a shed load of hard work.
That's good advice. But how will she be able to eat all those meals and get to a size 6? (considering her height)
Bebbs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the meals should be adjusted to her calorie intake. I.e. if LV s aiming for 3000cals and OP is 1500. Op should eat half as much
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
okay.. by now people would have seen the crazy diet that I've adopted ...
but as of right now its been about 4-5 days since I lost the 3 kg and I don't seem to be losing any more.. I'm stuck at 60kg ;dry;

is there something I'm doing wrong? :confused: It's quite weird.. this always seems to happen. I diet and diet and seem to be stuck at 60 for some reason.
3dnut
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
breakfast is a very important meal .. if u really have to skip a meal, make sure its dinner. also, when u skip breakfast, ure more likely to get more hungry during the day, n hence have heavier lunches and dinner. heavy dinner, which would probably wouldnt help as these calories you're consuming won't get used up since u'd soon be going to sleep. These would then convert to fat, which is not what you want ..
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
That's good advice. But how will she be able to eat all those meals and get to a size 6? (considering her height)

Because eating little and often kick starts your metabolism and as a result you'll start to lose weight. Constant eating means your body is constantly metabolising food. I don't mean stuff you face - graze, like a cow, sheep or horse.

It's where people with EDs have got it all wrong.... if you starve yourself you body clings on to what little body fat it has left so really you end up eating muscle and that's why anorexics look all skin and bone (and fat). They'd be much better off eating little and often and exercising.
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wackysparkle)
okay.. by now people would have seen the crazy diet that I've adopted ...
but as of right now its been about 4-5 days since I lost the 3 kg and I don't seem to be losing any more.. I'm stuck at 60kg ;dry;

is there something I'm doing wrong? :confused: It's quite weird.. this always seems to happen. I diet and diet and seem to be stuck at 60 for some reason.

Eat more and exercise. I have no idea what your crazy diet is but I assume its a low fat/low carb? If it is, have a small amount of complex carbs and some good fats (e.g. nuts) added into your diet. With eating alone you'll pretty much only get to a certain weight. Do you exercise?
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The diet you've chosen isn't the best one out there, but eating small amounts of calories makes you live longer and feel better. (Eating lots of food produces lots of free radicals, damaging your internal organs and aging you.)

If you don't want to live till you're 200, and would rather lose some fat, I'd recommend a high protein/low carb diet with a rigorous exercise regime (incorporating some weight training too.)
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lady Venom)
Eat more and exercise. I have no idea what your crazy diet is but I assume its a low fat/low carb? If it is, have a small amount of complex carbs and some good fats (e.g. nuts) added into your diet. With eating alone you'll pretty much only get to a certain weight. Do you exercise?
It's on the previous page
Well.. yes it is - I'm normally the exercise type and eat a good healthy diet. But, I can't do that this summer coz I'm back home, not part of a gym, don't drive and work a 10 hour shift every day, which involves me staring at a computer screen.
I really don't want to gain weight at all!

Problem I face is that I'm not quite sure what carbs I should be eating really - nuts is no problem I can do that. But what I normally do is eat fruit if I feel peckish between meals.
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Make time? You aren't the only one who works 10hr shifts, some of us do it on our feet!
Bebbs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
10 hours at a computer screen sounds like the perfect opportunity to eat lots of decent meals
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not really.. despite me being in front of a computer I'm the intern so I do have to get up and see different people quite often

well I'm the type who gets engrossed with work and doesn't really eat

I would make the time, hence I am trying when I get back to follow my exercise routine - but like I said.. it's not working and I'm quite baffled :confused:

oh well.. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.
polka_dott
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well it's only been a few days... you can't expect to lose pounds every few days or whatever...even though that would be nice
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha I realise that. Only reason I was wondering is coz I'd lost 3kg in about 2 1/2 weeks!

But mainly its coz I can never go below 60kg for some reason :hmmmm:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads