(Original post by Rei)
Are semi pros allowed? :ninja:
the more the merrier i suppose.
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im a bit rubbish at cricket...(ahh not that bad)...and i dont know anyone...
but i would be interested...i could be the water boy if im not good enough
neon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
it doesnt matter who you know etc. This isnt a subs meet, its a sports meet (far better). its all about having fun. most of the people with be crap anyway.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I'll just tag along wherever you go. Discuss the FM network game. :ninja:
prospectivEEconomist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeh ill come if its in regents park
Horrorshow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Proper pitch with cricket thread regulars and I MAY consider coming up
neon
Rep:
?
:bump:
DeSiFiEd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by neon)
:bump:
I'm down...although I don't know anyone either..meh, but I guess cricket brings people together

I'm pretty crap myself really, I've only ever played indoors! Well I lie...I played once outdoors for school when I was about 14, and I bowled about 8beamers, and then they gave up on me...haha, although In my defence, that was the first time I'd ever played with a "proper" cricket ball!

I can put some mean spin on a tennis ball though and block anything with a bat...I play the reverse sweep a whole heap too (wow I'm cool :cool:)

Is Neon actually Temporarily Banned? I WANT TO PLAY haha.

What does everyone bowl/bat?

Bowl: Right arm Legbreaks, or Medium Paced Swing...I tell myself I bowl offbreaks too, but they're more awkward, back-breaking offbreak-in-the-air, then go straight balls..haa!

Bat: Right Arm..slow and steady wins the race! I fancy myself, with a collection of four MRF bats...never ever used (yet I still regularly try to knock them in..haha)

:cool: How is everyonee?

[edit] wow its amazing the amount of crap you can come up with when your at work...and procrastinating..ahh!
Tucking Fypo
Report 10 years ago
I..tend to stay away from bowling because, similarly to you at 14, I just bowl beamers rofl. I'm much better at batting, but that may not say much since my bowling sucks. I can play basic strokes, and like to think that I play a "decent" cover drive.

I have an MRF bat too, bought it from Kenya about 7 years ago. I only use it when playing local club cricket though. Knocking it in is a pain, but I just love the middle of MRF bats.

Right-handed in bowling (if forced), and batting. But I throw with my left.
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
I..tend to stay away from bowling because, similarly to you at 14, I just bowl beamers rofl. I'm much better at batting, but that may not say much since my bowling sucks. I can play basic strokes, and like to think that I play a "decent" cover drive.

I have an MRF bat too, bought it from Kenya about 7 years ago. I only use it when playing local club cricket though. Knocking it in is a pain, but I just love the middle of MRF bats.

Right-handed in bowling (if forced), and batting. But I throw with my left.
I used to be a pretty good fast-ish bowler, but over the years I've lost the pace, so I can still swing..but have learnt to legspin which usually does the trick, although I've never bowled to anyone of any real cricket talent lol.

I can play pretty good straight drives, and if I'm in the mood I'll hoike something off my hips legside..haha.

MRF Bats are great...all mine cost £10-£30 in India...are real (I even took the first one to a Cricket Shop to check)...and cost around £100 here!!
Overmars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You cannot get a proper, good English willow MRF for £10-30 even in India. Just cannot be the same quality, surely. Someone brought mine for India but could only find it for 5500 rupees + (that's over £70 I think)
Tucking Fypo
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, my MRF cost around £150-£180, when converted from the Kenyan currency. In hindsight, it was stupid of me to buy one because I was 12 years old and didn't even need a bat like that. But I suppose it's being put into use nowadays.
neon
Rep:
?
I have an MB Malik Sher Amin :yy:
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Overmars)
You cannot get a proper, good English willow MRF for £10-30 even in India. Just cannot be the same quality, surely. Someone brought mine for India but could only find it for 5500 rupees + (that's over £70 I think)
Outlet store....you can check it if you want :p:
Katie
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I actually adore cricket. If this goes ahead, I'm there!
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Count me in for some right-arm fast bowling!
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cheers for the piss all mention of this in the cricket thread

When will it be? I'm just waiting at home for my new job to start at the moment, I have so much spare time! I doubt I will once I actually start though.

I have been honing my right arm dobbers in recent weeks. I think I could do a decent job Still cant play any shot in front of the wicket
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.32%
No - but I will (49)
6.98%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.26%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (333)
47.44%

Watched Threads