British Grand Prix Thread - Woo Watch

Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by President_Ben)
Not if it rains. He's horrible in the wet. Got about as much sense of grip on the track as moles have vision.
yeah true, but looking out of the window it looks quiet a nice day today.

which its useful me weather watching at the other end of the country.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yey Praco's on. quite a few people already there, but the BRDC stand still has loadsa room.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
is that beckham being interview i can hear on the tannoy :s or just a really pikey sounding lewis...
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
is that beckham being interview i can hear on the tannoy :s or just a really pikey sounding lewis...
:rofl: Doubt it would be Beckham, but not sure!

Love the bit before they all start setting times and you get to see the cars properly. Better be good, I got up for this :ninja:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
:rofl: Doubt it would be Beckham, but not sure!

Love the bit before they all start setting times and you get to see the cars properly. Better be good, I got up for this :ninja:
whoever it is sounds proper like becks. but then he said something about tail winds and **** so it can't be him. i think the sound of the cars is better tbh. nowt like a crisp morning on a fresh track and a screaming engine meandering round. and. no ****ing james allen. heaven.
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
woooo, going the pit lane now ta'taa
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
whoever it is sounds proper like becks. but then he said something about tail winds and **** so it can't be him. i think the sound of the cars is better tbh. nowt like a crisp morning on a fresh track and a screaming engine meandering round. and. no ****ing james allen. heaven.
Just heard it again and yes definitely agree it sounds like Becks, but hmm.

Yes the sound of cars is :love: They sound better in the practice seasons than they do on tv I think somehow. (Yes probably something to do with there being no James Allen word vomitting all over them)
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Untitled258)
Have fun, I'm heading over after FP2
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im getting there early to break the simulatosrs first, hehe
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Not entirely sure about that nowadays - he was rinsing Monaco remember until he scooched off at st devote, which is arguably less offensive than bashing into people or tail whipping barriers. Be interesting to see if that was a one-off though.
I am quite sure, when I remember Hungary in years before or Silverstone or any wet race when I see his sector and lap times.

Maybe he has got better, but he's still pretty bad.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
meh, i caught the renault version a few weeks ago a silverstone (lunch break of the renault series day thingy) they didn't have the 100 metre track thingy (then again, they did have silverstone). had the whole driving sim and pitstop challenge. romain grosjean's first and second times in an f1 car. was last year's so he was caning the traction control everywhere - it's properly distinctive at the track. first time out and he was doing well - within a few seconds of last season's quickest renault of the weekend. oh, and he loved the donuts on the startline :p:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am quite sure, when I remember Hungary in years before or Silverstone or any wet race when I see his sector and lap times.

Maybe he has got better, but he's still pretty bad.
hehe don't get me wrong - i was properly surprised he was keeping going at monaco, and then literally gobsmacked he was going quick. also... tis worth remembering schumacher wasn't amazing in those races either (albeit not falling off the road). when shumacher got going quick (drying track, wets worn into slicks nearly) massa was going quicker... those bridgies were ****e compared to the michelin's.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Nakajima Sutil and Glock all getting out of shape in a very small amount of time. Good job there's some fair run off at Silverstone.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
please be sunny please be sunny
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
please be sunny please be sunny
I'm after rain tbh :p: For Sunday at least. Rain in quali is a total bore.

Go Heikki!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In other news, nearly denied someone entry into F1 Soc for saying "Hamilton ftw!!"
President_Ben
Report 10 years ago
hehe don't get me wrong - i was properly surprised he was keeping going at monaco, and then literally gobsmacked he was going quick. also... tis worth remembering schumacher wasn't amazing in those races either (albeit not falling off the road). when shumacher got going quick (drying track, wets worn into slicks nearly) massa was going quicker... those bridgies were ****e compared to the michelin's.
Err, Schumacher was going ahead of the field but slowet than Alonso.

Massa was positively going backwards compared to everyone.
President_Ben
Report 10 years ago
In other news, nearly denied someone entry into F1 Soc for saying "Hamilton ftw!!"
Should have banned them for life.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Should have banned them for life.
I'm inclined to say the same :ninja:

What happened to Alonso just then in FP? I missed it, just saw the black smoke.

Woah major binned it by Massa there! Gonna take some work. What is up with them this morning? A lot seem to be at Stowe too.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Err, Schumacher was going ahead of the field but slowet than Alonso.

Massa was positively going backwards compared to everyone.
by 'those races' i meant Hungary. schumacher went from 11th to 6th in a lap before Fisi knocked off his front wing... massa ended up with fastest lap.

edit: who jsut bigtime their ferrrari?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads