This discussion is closed.
Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
For which one?

You can get a Bentley for like 8k if you want 15yr old Continental. Which is tempting until you start adding up all the servicing, petrol and tax costs!

My uncle just got the Bentley GT 4dr convertiable version, whatever that is. Absolutely stunning car, it is incredible you can either just cruise round town with that huge engine just purring or throw it round the country lanes with the engine screaming!

Brilliant car.
The flying spur continental 4 dr I believe, around 50 60 k.

gone from wanting a diesel engine to 6.0 w12 petrol mwhaha
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
The flying spur continental 4 dr I believe, around 50 60 k.

gone from wanting a diesel engine to 6.0 w12 petrol mwhaha
Nah, it was more than that, I know it was over 100k. It was bloody expensive!

Or do you mean second hand? Even so, I think 2 year old ones (they have not been out for 3 yet I don't think) are still going for around 90k as the waiting list is 24 months right now.
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
2006 Reg BENTLEY Continental Flying Spur 6.0 W12 - actually would be looking at £80,000 for a decent one
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dad has a diesel Audi A8. It's still a ****ing beast.
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nice! That is a good price!

I think he got the uprated version or something though, it is a bit quicker than the standard version.

Sport version or something, it wasn't sport tho, something else, can't remember.

It was quick!
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
(Original post by gbduo)
Nice! That is a good price!

I think he got the uprated version or something though, it is a bit quicker than the standard version.

Sport version or something, it wasn't sport tho, something else, can't remember.

It was quick!
Dad saying "find out goodo ( ) i am intrigued "
Oddball
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Diesel is awesome

Bear in mind road tax though, just watching the news now and it seems larger engines will be hammered next year on tax.
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dad saying "find out goodo ( ) i am intrigued "
It was the Speed version.

He said it was about £130k with all the extras. But he got a good deal. He didn't say what the garage price was.
prodriven
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For big motorway miles then I would have to suggest a Range Rover. You'll get the 4x4 brigade bashing you for 'killing the planet' but their is no other car I would prefer to sit in on a long motorway journey.

Other than that I would say a big diesal (:eek: ) Audi, if your manily doing long journeys then you wont really be noticing the difference between petrol and diesal, other than the mahoosive amount of torque you'll have in a satan fueled beast.
The Edwinnator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's wrong with a diesel? They do the job fine I drive a Sorento CRDi, my dad a BMW 525d, my mom a RAV4 Diesel and we get to laugh at the idiot from my school who bought a 545i just before petrol subsidies were cut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't help but feel, given the fact that everytime somebody suggests a car you know everything about it and have already researched it, that you started this thread with the intention of a) showing off how rich you are and b) showing off how much you know about German machinery.
ssk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For once Elipsis, I concur :P
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Well the fact this thread started of thinking about a 7er or an A8 , it moved to a flying spur or a 4x4 ( being considered) which are 2 cars i hadnt though about and probally wouldnt have without this thread.

So tbh if you dont actually have an input to the thread why not click back?
greenwaytph
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
beemer 535d m sport. much torquier than the m5, and not all that slower from standstill (especially after mapping) with (relative) economy to boot. job done.
totally agree (dad has one)
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Did think about the 35d but it would certainly need a rempap, and after reading about people having problems because the remap pushse the torque converter out of its capabilities therefore shredding it. Not to keen.

Plus the new 5 series is a bit bleh looking!
the_fredster_001
Report 10 years ago
diesel's are louder than petrol (or though it depends on how well the engine is silenced)
You won't ever need to replace the spark plugs with a diesel
Syntax Terrier
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by the_fredster_001)
diesel's are louder than petrol (or though it depends on how well the engine is silenced)
You won't ever need to replace the spark plugs with a diesel
Funny that, they don't ignite diesel with spark plugs.
Tofufi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Plus all new BMWs are a bit bleh looking!
edited for truth
the_fredster_001
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Syntax Terrier)
Funny that, they don't ignite diesel with spark plugs.
i know lol
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Get a petrol A8 at get it gas converted. You'll save
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads