Help me make a HUGE decision please! Watch

Shask
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ekalB)
Yes I think I shall - and I will have to meet lots of new people lol. Mainly boys who have been there since year 7 :| owell aha. Yes I do actually like geography and I heard that all Alevel Geog Coursework in the specs have been abolished :p: Even my GCSE course work was long.
Heh, our positions will be reversed then, I've been in my grammar school since year 7 and I'm staying on. I can't wait to meet all the new people though
Teddy1692
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've taken Biology, chemistry and geography as 3 of my 5 AS options.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why don't you take up an evening class? If you live in/near a city, there will probably be somewhere in the vicinity for you to take Biology.
Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm..Bit of a tricky situation..
If you really need it why not do an AS in it.... What about becoming an External Candidate at another school and getting a tutor/help from a Biology teacher?
I imagine you'd have to do practical tasks which could be organised to be done at another school.

The External Candidate things quite good my mate did it for his AS's last year and got a B in AS Maths from getting part time tutoring and self teaching.

All the best
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
Have you thought about maybe if you get inside, you can switch if you are polite enough and offer sexual favours?
sunshine101
Report 10 years ago
Personally....
If you have got your heart set on being a doctor then stay at your school; yes the grammar school may be better but... you get out what you put in as long as you enjoy what you do.
I went to college for a year and then changed my mind and went back to school, I spent my compulsory school years hating every moment of it thinking I'd get on better in a new place; but a the end of the day things always look different when you've tried them. Not meaning to sound stupid but... is there any chance you could have like an "induction" day at the grammar school in order to get a feel for the place? If you went to the grammar school and hated it not only would you have sacrificed your biology but you'll also spend 2 years hating it everyday. It might be worth asking if you can. English is my favourite and even if i don't take it up to Uni I still would rather stay at my school to do english than go elsewhere!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (541)
37.73%
No - but I will (112)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (97)
6.76%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.7%

Watched Threads