Manchester. What to do? Watch

Loochery
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is it just me that really hates the Lowry Outlet? It's sooooooo boring. The Quays are dead nice though if you fancy a bit of a walk. Definitely check out the Northern Quarter and nip into Affleck's, Ryan Vintage and the 'posh' Oxfam.

You could go to Urbis, I've never actually been but some friends have and they seemed to enjoy it. Go for a meal at Dimitri's in Castlefield - amaaaaazing. There's the Museum of Science and Industry right near there if you're into that kind of thing.

You could get the train out to Disley, about twenty minutes away. There's Lyme Park there, which has a massive mansion and gardens and things.

If you happen to be going on a Thursday, you could try and get tickets to be in the Jeremy Kyle audience? Could be fun. Could be awful.

Have fun! Manchester's a great city
allieRAWR!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by balloon_parade)
There is a million things to do!

Go see the [b]body worlds exhibit at the Science and Industry museum[/b[ :

http://www.msim.org.uk/whats-on/body-worlds-4

Shopping in the: centre, Trafford Centre, Lowry Outlet Centre,

Manchester Museum, Whitworth Art Gallery,

The big wheel!

There is seriously loads, really recommended the bodyworlds exhibit!
Yeh, these are quite good to go to, bodyworks especially.
pcok
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin2K8)
I would give them free, I got dozens and dozens of them at home as I get them as freebies either from last seasons stock or just unsold stuff

We should hook up sometime lol I'm sure you'd like to revisit Rusholme to reunite with your year 10 days :p: but the Shisha cafes have gone underground now due to the smoking ban
Haha sounds like a great job like!

Lol that would be cool actually. Ahh yes, we were so cool you know. And we used to giggle about the fact that you had to be 16 and we managed to get in :cool: I haven't been to one in ages but I did wonder what had happened to them like, they must have been gutted at the smoking ban then!

Oh yeah OP if you haven't booked a hotel yet, the travelodge (yeah I know it's not very romantic), is apparently on offer £19 or £29 a night between you, and the Deansgate/central one is literally a stones throw away from everything. It's pretty much they best location you can get.
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OnlyMe!)
Don't be surprised if you get a visit from me next time I'm in Manchester! :p: A discount will do. Not fussy really :p:
lol I dont mind Luckily my manager is awesome as I seem to give them out every other day :p:

And if you like curry and Indian food and others for that matter again not far from where I live is the UK's 'Curry Mile' also known as Wilmslow road and is really known for its restaurants and also if your into cars and drags etc at night from time to time there is a fair bit of racing that goes on
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pcok)
Haha sounds like a great job like!

Lol that would be cool actually. Ahh yes, we were so cool you know. And we used to giggle about the fact that you had to be 16 and we managed to get in :cool: I haven't been to one in ages but I did wonder what had happened to them like, they must have been gutted at the smoking ban then!

Oh yeah OP if you haven't booked a hotel yet, the travelodge (yeah I know it's not very romantic), is apparently on offer £19 or £29 a night between you, and the Deansgate/central one is literally a stones throw away from everything. It's pretty much they best location you can get.
Yeah they got them outdoors now, they are like custom built huge bamboo rooms its pretty cool you know to be honest, I think its a lot better than before as you have the Plasma's on the wall and open roofs and walls etc and they always have nice fires burning - great for a relaxed night out
izaldo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin2K8)
lol I dont mind Luckily my manager is awesome as I seem to give them out every other day :p:

And if you like curry and Indian food and others for that matter again not far from where I live is the UK's 'Curry Mile' also known as Wilmslow road and is really known for its restaurants and also if your into cars and drags etc at night from time to time there is a fair bit of racing that goes on
Wilmslow Rd is defo worth a visit.
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by izaldo)
Wilmslow Rd is defo worth a visit.
Unless your BNP lol :p:
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try Cheetham Hill, then Longsight.

j/k.
Noctilux
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Well the gf's Indian - so it'd be an odd combination if I was BNP. :p:
izaldo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Would be a good way to kill 'em off though, wouldn't it. Blindfold them, stick them on the top deck of a magic bus and then remove the blindfold in the centre of rusholme. Nailed on heart attack!
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by izaldo)
Would be a good way to kill 'em off though, wouldn't it. Blindfold them, stick them on the top deck of a magic bus and then remove the blindfold in the centre of rusholme. Nailed on heart attack!
lol your sick, very sick But I wouldnt want them
izaldo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Understood! I'm not a sicko though
Warrior King
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Noctilux)
Am going to Manchester for a day with the gf soon.

I know it a bit, but was hoping I could get some insider info on what's good to do there.

Cultural activities (museums, etc - a photography gallery would be especially cool?), or just anything that it is worth doing with 12 hours in the city.

Hit me! :cool:

Thanks.
There's the Musuem of Science and Industry which is free admissions and good fun having in insight into Manchester's industrial past. There's the "Body Worlds 4" exhibition going there at the moment which showcases preserved bodies in poses (like playing guitar etc) and organs and bones. It's good fun for all the family and scientists, non-scientists alike.

For art try the Manchester Art Gallery just outside of Chinatown or the Lowry in Salford Quays (you'll need to take the tram to get there). Also in Salford Quays is the Imperial War musuem which is worth a visit.

There's the Urbis musuem in Cathedral Gardens which is a musuem of "urban living" right in the heart of the world's first industrial city. There's also a manga exhibition going on at the Urbis which is worth seeing even if you're not into that kind of thing. Ofcourse there's also the Cathedral there which isn't big but worth a quick peek.

Manchester is ofcourse famous for it's football and if you're into that thing you could try visiting Old Trafford and the City of Machester Stadium and their musuems. Shopping is well catered for as is eating out.

Oh yeah don't forget the big wheel in exchange square if you want unrivalled views across the city. Maybe go for a drink at the bar in the Hilton on Deansgate for some fantastic views across the city by night. And spend the night in some of the bars on Deansgate.

Have fun in Manc.
ilove2shopx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
shopping!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads