Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Gimperial
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
First year. They don't even accept students with 80+ from UCL into 2nd year, cos the syllabus is different (i.e. second year stuff have pre-requisites that other universities don't teach).
Master Polhem
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by serenrose)
Nop - I am guessing the people who do this sort of thing for a living would be a good start (careers office).
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
that wouldnt bother me though, if i were to get as close to 100% in first year at kent would i stand a chance for imperial or cambridge transfer and would this benefit me at all, seing as im 23 now? (im getting excited!!!)

i did have the gardes for imperial (ucas wise) but my DDD in btec needed to be accompanied by a-level maths :d
Spiker
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
"Transfers" to Imperial Computing do happen, but the Department's policy is that anyone transferring in from another University must start the course in Year 1. In my time at Imperial, I've never seen anyone transfer in from other universities to anything other than Year 1. Essentially the "transfer" is a fresh application via UCAS, with the offer conditional upon your current year's results at the university you're at now.

Bear in mind that if you receive funding from your LEA (if you are UK-based), you should discuss this move with them since it may affect your eligibility to receive funding or student loans in your final year.
Fakefact
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bober02)
Well for all those who are interested in the admission process I had to go through here's the story:

I applied in november 2007, after the first month at the uni (when I already knew that Bradford was not meant for me). Then, I received some conditional and uncoditional offers, and was invited to interview at Imperial, which I gladly attended. One month later I was given an offer, which had one language requirement and conditions on my uni results. For the time being, I am waiting for my results and if I get acepted, in the middle of July I will start sorting out paperwork.

Any further questions ?
Is it possible not to restart the UCAS application to transfer into IC?
coz I don't know what to do with the reference. . .:no:
Chemical_Scum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fakefact)
Is it possible not to restart the UCAS application to transfer into IC?
coz I don't know what to do with the reference. . .:no:
Yes you just do it as an independent applicant. THe reference doesn't even have to be academic though I would advise at least getting someone with a respectable job like a military,police officer or something if you can't get a college/school teacher to do it. You're responsible for it entirely as well as an independent applicant and attach everything, make sure grades are correct etc. So in theory you could write your own reference and just hope Imperial don't call anyone haha. I don't know if you have to give the contact details of your referee though. You can do all this right now I believe if UCAS is accepting applicants. Also to serenerose a fair few have done it just on TSR but all have been transfers to first year. I know that for EEE you cannot transfer beyond first year and for medicine only Oxbridge students can apply for transfer to do their clinical training at Imperial and vice verse. thats a "special arrangement" according to the site. And yes, Oxford does accept transfers. Don't know about Cambridge.
Fakefact
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chemical_Scum)
Yes you just do it as an independent applicant. THe reference doesn't even have to be academic though I would advise at least getting someone with a respectable job like a military,police officer or something if you can't get a college/school teacher to do it. You're responsible for it entirely as well as an independent applicant and attach everything, make sure grades are correct etc. So in theory you could write your own reference and just hope Imperial don't call anyone haha. I don't know if you have to give the contact details of your referee though. You can do all this right now I believe if UCAS is accepting applicants. Also to serenerose a fair few have done it just on TSR but all have been transfers to first year. I know that for EEE you cannot transfer beyond first year and for medicine only Oxbridge students can apply for transfer to do their clinical training at Imperial and vice verse. thats a "special arrangement" according to the site. And yes, Oxford does accept transfers. Don't know about Cambridge.
Thanks for ur help but I thought I had been turned down already. I have sent an e-mail asking for the opportunities of transferring, they replied me with that 'Imperial doesn't accept Clearing applications,which, in effect, yours would be.' quite hurtful indeed...
EvenStevens
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's a difference between Clearing and transferring for 2nd year entry.
Chemical_Scum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fakefact)
Thanks for ur help but I thought I had been turned down already. I have sent an e-mail asking for the opportunities of transferring, they replied me with that 'Imperial doesn't accept Clearing applications,which, in effect, yours would be.' quite hurtful indeed...
Arghg that sucks ass. Never mind you'll do fine elsewhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.78%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (606)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise