The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Apparently the flat had been broken into a week before, and a laptop was stolen. Maybe it was the same person who killed them. Maybe he found something on the laptop that he didn't like? I am tending to agree with Gimperial though- a psychopath. Perhaps a random, opportunist, attack.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Laursy
i can't see how anyone could ever even bring themselfs to think such horrible thoughts and to stab someone that many times, that is so horrible, i don;t think the punishment is enough in this country, like all the other poor souls who have been murdered there killers get 25 years in prison where they dunt have to worry about bills, paying taxes, money, protection, jobs or anything at all, thats not punishement i don't think!! then cme out and get a new identity like those two horrible people who killed that young boy all those years ago!! (can't spell his name)

James Bulger.
Mush
I hope they don't catch the b*stards who did this...

The law is far to kind for some people. Most people, actually. I hope the families of these men find the b*stards who did this... that would be justice served.

What do you want those famillies to do... Kill the guy? THen they would go and be given the "kidness" of prison.
*pitseleh*
What? Does it somehow matter more because they were researchers for Imperial?

It would be just as horrific if they were shop-workers, or something.

well im used to hearing about little gangsters getting killed and i really dont give a **** how many of them lot die. that was the comparison i was making.
Yikes that is horrid.

I know some people in that research group as well.

I think Anderson said the right words, if he had said anymore it would have been critisised for sticking his nose where it wasn't needed.

official statement:
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/rector/announcements/3july2008

happened few days back http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7480682.stm

horrid
solo2wolf
well im used to hearing about little gangsters getting killed and i really dont give a **** how many of them lot die. that was the comparison i was making.

Nice. :s-smilie:
This is getting ridiculous now. There needs to be something done about knife-crime in london, urgently. I suspect it was some mentally disabled chav who commited this disgusting crime.
solo2wolf

Maybe they were gangsters
Gimperial
What do you want those famillies to do... Kill the guy? THen they would go and be given the "kidness" of prison.

honestly the guy should be killed. i firmly believe that if you kill or rape etc another human being your rights should be reduced respectively. if you kill someone in cold blood then as far as im concerned you are no more than an animal and i would honestly be able to live with myself for killing that sort of person. thats the truth. actually something happened near to me regarding a paedophile who lived 100m from a primary school and took pictures of my sister when she was in her friends house who, shock horror, was also 9 years old and lived next door to this ex cop paedo. he was killed, not by me btw lol but i have more respect for the man who killed him than i do for the average human being. the guy is now in prison.
This is why I will never go to London. The amount of murders we've seen on the news lately that have happened there (and as soon as you see the word 'stabbing' you know it's going to be somewhere in London)... I feel so sorry for the families of the students. What a horrible loss, and horrible murders. I seriously hope the person or people that did this don't get off lightly, like so many people seem to.
only nihilism
Maybe they were gangsters

oh come on!youre joking right?
solo2wolf
honestly the guy should be killed. i firmly believe that if you kill or rape etc another human being your rights should be reduced respectively. if you kill someone in cold blood then as far as im concerned you are no more than an animal and i would honestly be able to live with myself for killing that sort of person. thats the truth. actually something happened near to me regarding a paedophile who lived 100m from a primary school and took pictures of my sister when she was in her friends house who, shock horror, was also 9 years old and lived next door to this ex cop paedo. he was killed, not by me btw lol but i have more respect for the man who killed him than i do for the average human being. the guy is now in prison.

taking a picture of your sister did no harm to her?
only nihilism
taking a picture of your sister did no harm to her?

you're not allowed to take pictures of children without parent's permission, i thought?
Tbh how many students/researchers from Imperial live in New Cross? This isn't anything to be too worried about, young potential fresherlings.
Reply 34
solo2wolf
this is unbelievable. i cant believe the rector didnt say more for their families etc. i cant imagine the state of the bodies for the cop to say that and they were ****ing Imperial College researchers. this is a big deal. **** like this would never happen at MIT. poor blokes ****ing bound and THEN stabbed. London is far worse than i thought.

What a ridiculous, reactionary post.
solo2wolf

Killing somebody for taking a photograph is hardly reducing their rights 'respectively'; it's quite obviously massively disproportionate.
inksplodge
you're not allowed to take pictures of children without parent's permission, i thought?

yeah but what i'm saying is he's basically saying it's justified to kill someone who did no harm to anyone (by taking the picture, fair enough if he raped her or something).
Reply 37
my:favorite:things...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4260737.ece
he wasn't just stabbed, he was stabbed 196 times :frown: :s-smilie:
Why would anyone do that?

:frown: Someone with mental problems, I hope....that maybe makes it easier to bear.
inksplodge
This is why I will never go to London.The amount of murders we've seen on the news lately that have happened there (and as soon as you see the word 'stabbing' you know it's going to be somewhere in London)... I feel so sorry for the families of the students. What a horrible loss, and horrible murders. I seriously hope the person or people that did this don't get off lightly, like so many people seem to.

l=-=-=-
Reply 39
this is such a sad story- poor innocent french guys tortured, i can't imagine what pain they wouldve gone through, also knowing they were going to die, a horrific ordeal for them. i feel especially bad as im doing a placement in france, i wouldn't expect anything like that to happen to exchange students, so sad that they went to england for experience to help them with their life and now their life is over. my thoughts are with their families.

Latest

Trending

Trending