?
Report 10 years ago
foil 0129
Square
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I still have the teddy bear that saw me through 3 hospital visits, chicken pox, flus, colds etc. when I was a kid.

I can safely saw I would rather throw away my PC, xbox 360, stereo and television before throwing him away.

Like some others we gave away all my old bikes, roller skates and the skateboard I used to own to local kids so they can reap the benefits!

Other than that I don't think im too materialistic so I wouldn't mind throwing anything else away really.
bohemian_like_you
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My gcse notes, haha, once the most essential things I owned, now in the bin
roots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i had this jacket that i wore for like 5 years, everyone wanted to wear it and i was instantly recognisable in it then one day mum threw it away, that jacket went through allot
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have LOADS of things that I've randomly kept in a box in my room - A collection of my year 6 work, things I made in woodwork, all sorts!

I throw away so little. Most things I keep have some real sentimental value, and I'd hate to be apart from it.
Aconite
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I once drew a picture of a frog, wearing nothing but a nappy, setting fire to a house.

Mum threw it away.
rastaman25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by evil groove)
:rofl:

For me, it was a watch I had when I was 10. It had a parrot, which was my favourite animal, on the face. I think it got broken or something.

Then there was my favourite fluffy cat toy from Mothercare. It was well-loved and its head was on the way to falling off, like Nearly Headless Nick, so my mum bought me a replacement cos they were still selling them. This was when I was 17.
My orange teddy bear (called orangie) has had his head off several times. My mum simply sewed him back up! Still got him
Music Is My Boyfriend
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Ally~)
All my childhood teddies disappeared when we moved when i was 11...
... Big Ted, Medium Ted, Little Ted, some care bears that would have been worth a BOMB now.
Its good blackmail material against The Mother (despite the fact that i'm now 20).
As is the fact that she kept promising me the Syvanian Family Canal Boat i wanted, every birthday and xmas, and it never materialised
I had a tough, tough upbringing
*obvious jokes*
I hate to sound like the BIGGEST ***** ever, but I had that ...I'd love to say it was ****, but it was actually friggin amazing!

Thought of another thing actually.
When my Mum was trying to wane me off breastmilk when I was a tot, she gave me a baby's bottle with milky tea in to make up for it.
This backfired however when I was still drinking out of a bottle with a teet until I was five. It was an amazing bottle, it was see-through but it had kites and teddies and stuff along the bottom.
She decided it was time for me to grow up and so one day when we were in Asda she made a proposition.
She promised me that I could have the complete Aladdin plastic dining set if I threw away my 'bokey tea' (pronounced boki).
I wrote a message and put it in the bottle explaining that I was throwing away my special bokey and anyone who found it should look after it so I could keep my plastic Aladdin plate and cutlery and write back to me when they find it. Then me and my Mum went to the end of the local pier and dropped it into the ocean.
I got the Aladdin stuff, it was awesome
I still haven't had a letter about my bokey though I miss it.
mavoury
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Ally~)
All my childhood teddies disappeared when we moved when i was 11...
... Big Ted, Medium Ted, Little Ted, some care bears that would have been worth a BOMB now.
Its good blackmail material against The Mother (despite the fact that i'm now 20).
As is the fact that she kept promising me the Syvanian Family Canal Boat i wanted, every birthday and xmas, and it never materialised
I had a tough, tough upbringing
*obvious jokes*
I got that for one Christmas! Actually I still have it. You can have it if you want...

The worst thing I ever had to let go of was a GIANT minty-green furred teddy bear. He was about 1.5 m, and I got him when I was born. I used to snuggle up to him as a toddler - I did so until age 11, when he started to leak stuffing. There was nothing they could do, not even stitches... so my mother decided the best place for him was the Old Teddies Home ie. the Dump. It was very, very traumatic. I may need therapy.
Arteta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My foreskin.

I don't wanna talk about it
redbluegreen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dignity.
thedevilisback
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had these shoes from clarks that would light up as you walked. I'd wear them non stop to the extent that people thought I went to bed in them. Oh and the smell, lets just say it could probably get you stoned. Anyway one time I remember coming home from school and seeing ''karate kid'' on television. I took my shoes off and rushed to watch the movie. Few hours later I go to look for my shoes and realise my mums severed them in half and put them in the bin, very upsetting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads