Pwc Assurance Application Watch

Wololo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would imagine Yazmina was asking why they rejected you...
Yazmina
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by teriaki)
Because I didn't get the job, thats why.
I understood that much. What reasons did they give you?

KPMG rejected me because, although I reached their academic requirements, my academic performance was not good enough compared to their other applicants'.
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Yazmina)
I understood that much. What reasons did they give you?

KPMG rejected me because, although I reached their academic requirements, my academic performance was not good enough compared to their other applicants'.
Thats a weird reason since they're contradicting themselves in that statement.

My rejection was made up of tiny little tidbits that all added up to one big fat NO from them.
They said that in my group exercise I was too concerned with my own information and I was a bit too dominating. I however completely disagree with that analysis and thought we did the group exercise very well and the other candidates I did it with agreed that we did that well.

They also said that some of my competency examples in my partner interview were a little weak.
What really made me mad was this: I was asked to to tell of a time when I "went the extra mile for someone" and I told them of when I worked my ass of at work covering for people on vacation even though I really didn't have to do that. Their explanation for this being weak was that it wasn't "empathetic" enough. Why must the example be some emotional story?! What made it even more annoying was that later on I remembered some things that I had done that would have suited their demands for an "empathetic" answer but oh well, better luck next time (I was applying for an internship, not grad job).
Wololo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by teriaki)
Thats a weird reason since they're contradicting themselves in that statement.

What really made me mad was this: I was asked to to tell of a time when I "went the extra mile for someone" and I told them of when I worked my ass of at work covering for people on vacation even though I really didn't have to do that. Their explanation for this being weak was that it wasn't "empathetic" enough. Why must the example be some emotional story?!
First off, the thing about academic requirements isn't a contradiction. What's on the website is more of a "if you don't have this, don't bother" than anything else, but by no means does it guarantee you admission. All other things being equal, they're going to go for the candidates with the stronger academic records.

As for the story about going the extra mile.... when you were covering for other people, was it simply a case of doing more shifts at work? If that's the case, then presumably you got paid for doing the extra shifts, and it doesn't really have that much of an "extra mile" feel to it. Now if you'd donated a kidney on the other hand....
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Wololo)
As for the story about going the extra mile.... when you were covering for other people, was it simply a case of doing more shifts at work? If that's the case, then presumably you got paid for doing the extra shifts, and it doesn't really have that much of an "extra mile" feel to it. Now if you'd donated a kidney on the other hand....
Nope, I did no extra shifts and no money (the internship was unpaid). That however was not what they didn't like about it. Using their own words, they said it wasn't "empathetic" enough. What a lame reason to reject someone.
jobhunter1985
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So did you pass the partner interview (but with a weak empathy example) or did you fail it? I can't tell
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jobhunter1985)
So did you pass the partner interview (but with a weak empathy example) or did you fail it? I can't tell
No, I didn't pass the assessment center.
markdr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bumpity bump bump bump.

I'm doing this question for a 5-week 1NSIGHT internship for public services assurance...should I make it about a business like they're literally asking, or do it for a government department/civil service organisation, which would suit public services far better? Help!
2late
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by markdr)
Bumpity bump bump bump.

I'm doing this question for a 5-week 1NSIGHT internship for public services assurance...should I make it about a business like they're literally asking, or do it for a government department/civil service organisation, which would suit public services far better? Help!
About a business in general. Irrespective to what people are applying for, the question is the same, and it tests your understanding of what the firm is about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads