Write a letter to yourself and read it in September 2009... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
That's really interesting, thanks I'm a Psychology A-leveller so I do like things like that! I shall continue to write down my goals then
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
(Original post by foxo)
It tells us that those with goals are passionless money-grabbing bores.
do you have any goals in life whatsoever? nothing you want to achieve, at all? I don't get how someone can not have any goals! It doesn't show us that people with goals are money-grabbing, they didn't know when they wrote them down that they were gonna be successful because they did!
ak47kalam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whilst I'll admit that this is a little cheesy, I'd recommend this site to the OP;

http://www.futureme.org/

You can email yourself a letter to arrive in like a year or five year's time. It can actually be quite useful...
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
I've done that, years ago but I can't remember when it's meant to arrive... hmm...
So is the "write a letter to yourself,5 years ago..." not equally as cheesy??
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's actually quite a good idea I think, mine would probs go something like this:

Dear me,

I hope you got your As in your exams last year, if not then it really is entirely your own fault (or rather mine) for doing sod all work. If you have either not got into uni or dropped out then you are a failure and I demand that you get back in! Right now! Also, kick yourself in the face from me if you've given up the acting and stand-up, because that's the only thing that you actually enjoy and you know it. If you have become a rah or a sheep then just kill yourself right now.

I hope to God that you still know all the words to Anchorman, and please watch Roman Holiday again because it's your favorite film right now. Also, give **** a ring because you have lived with them for five years, they are your family. (ring your daughter too).

lots of love from me (2008)
ak47kalam
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
hmm...
So is the "write a letter to yourself,5 years ago..." not equally as cheesy??
Absolutely :rolleyes:
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
(Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
That's actually quite a good idea I think, mine would probs go something like this:

Dear me,

I hope you got your As in your exams last year, if not then it really is entirely your own fault (or rather mine) for doing sod all work. If you have either not got into uni or dropped out then you are a failure and I demand that you get back in! Right now! Also, kick yourself in the face from me if you've given up the acting and stand-up, because that's the only thing that you actually enjoy and you know it. If you have become a rah or a sheep then just kill yourself right now.

I hope to God that you still know all the words to Anchorman, and please watch Roman Holiday again because it's your favorite film right now. Also, give **** a ring because you have lived with them for five years, they are your family. (ring your daughter too).

lots of love from me (2008)
Eek please don't injure/kill yourself if you do badly! :p: And I know a lot of the words to Anchorman too, great film "I'm Ron Burgandy..??" hehe
campbell87
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ak47kalam)
Whilst I'll admit that this is a little cheesy, I'd recommend this site to the OP;

http://www.futureme.org/

You can email yourself a letter to arrive in like a year or five year's time. It can actually be quite useful...
Was about to post the same link myself. I sent myself a 'future' email last year and when it arrived I was amazed at how much Id forgotten had gone on and somethings in it got me thinking etc etc, was pretty fun so I sent myself another one lol
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
I don't know when mine's gonna arrive! :p: hehe will be funny to see what i've written. i vaguely remember writing something like "i wonder how you did in your gcses?" :p:
Becky7337
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did that future me email thing like 3 years ago and I just got the email the other week....cheesy.
elwoodc
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol well I think tha's pretty cool!

I've never written a letter as such, but last year in Jan I wrote a list of stuff I wanted to achieve, put them in an envelope and stuck them to the back of my calender, and then read them when I swapped my calenders in the new year :P

Not really goals as such cos I'd completely forgotten what I'd written down but was very interesting to read what I thought was so important to do or have a year ago!
ak47kalam
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by campbell87)
pretty fun so I sent myself another one lol
So did I
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Haha it's funny how half the people on here think it's cheesy and half think it's cool!
ak47kalam
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
Haha it's funny how half the people on here think it's cheesy and half think it's cool!
Oh, it's definitely cheesy and I'll make fun of it but it's still something I'd actually do, just since it feels so weird to see how your priorities change after a year or so
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
I like cheesiness :p:
Ravster
Badges: 12
Report 10 years ago
Haha, this is cool. I'm going to do this.
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oi you
if you returned to read this kill yourself you daft *******, you're useless
now sod off
deepest respect
tra
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.52%
No - but I will (61)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.45%

Watched Threads