19.57%
none of the above (1)
1.09%
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The "fake" beauty, as in dyed blonde hair and fake tan puts me right off, to be honest.

I don't know what you mean by "unconventional" beauty, though.
Jennifer_l85
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
by classic beauty i mean people likee keira knightly and natalie portman
by fake i mean the likes of danielle lloyd and katie price
Are you mainly talking about how someone styles themselves rather than their actual facial features? Because Katie Price is naturally pretty, she just ruins it by they way she styles herself. If she dressed in a classy way and did her makeup well she would be classically pretty.
mipmapped
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
SJP isn't 'unconventionally' beautiful...
Indeed; SJP and beauty are oil and water.
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by εїз pinga εїз)
ah see im not beautiful so i guess I'm none,
You look really really lovely in your profile picture!

OP, did the guys actually say "I find fake looking girls more attractive"? or is it just that the girls they are attracted to have bleached hair, fake tans etc?

I don't get completely who would be considered an "unconventional beauty" and a "classical beauty", but out of the examples you gave I much preferred the "classical beauty" ones, so I chose that! I think I also like unconventionally beautiful girls, for example, quite a lot of supermodels are rather unconventional in their appearance and I think they're gorgeous. I like androgynous looking girls too, like Agyness Deyn for example.
Lucia.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd love to be a classic beauty like Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe but I'm not sure which category I'd fit into.
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So the choice is between hot, plastic and ugly. I think I'll got with hot.

Seriously though, if someone is attractive they are attractive. I don't think it's automatically makes someone unnattractive just because they have dyed their hair blonde or had a boob job. Orange is rarely a good look though.
Sprout_hair
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would rather be an unconventional beauty.. in that way.. u could be AMAZING in someone's eyes.. or ugly..
I think thats good, beacuse then you will be remembered and discussed
obsession
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by εїз pinga εїз)
ah see im not beautiful so i guess I'm none, I'm not fake though so I'm either classically 'alright' or unconventionally 'alright', probably not unconventionally as I don't have any strange features, perhaps I could be called unremarkably 'alright' then.

In the opposite sex I guess I would value any kind of beauty really so long as it's not fake. Any guy who wears fake tan is an *******.
Take that back! You're stunning !!!
εїз pinga εїз
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by obsession)
Take that back! You're stunning !!!
(Original post by Dill)
You look really really lovely in your profile picture!
:blushing:

thank you but it's probably just a good camera angle, I see myself all day long so I know different! I don't know, it's all very subjective.
Tut.exe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i hate fake tan. that tells a lot.
juicyfruit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Classically beautiful.
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by buttons_andbeads)
I don't know what type people would see me as although I'd probably like to have more classic beauty.
Having said that I reckon classic beauty would get noticed less than the other two would.
I think you are unconventional beauty, You're definately not fake, but you're very beautiful.
buttons_andbeads
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hippieglitter)
I think you are unconventional beauty, You're definately not fake, but you're very beautiful.
haha, why thank you
~Ally~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Unconventional, definitely. I know how to make myself look pretty, but i have weird features, like my nose, my glasses etc. Oh and the fact that i look like **** with my natural hair colour. LOL.
armageddonbride
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by annarchy)
Like, a lovely SG > natalie portman
This. Although, Natalie Portman IS gorgeous.
Hannah_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The very fact that it's been described as "fake" beauty says it all, does it not ?
x
Jennifer_l85
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A lot of people are classically beautiful but also wear fake tan, loads of makeup etc. So would you say they are fake beauties because of the way they style themsleves?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed