I'm sorry, but things have gone a little bit too far now: Watch

k9ruby
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What the **** were you doing on the Daily Mail site?
Entertainment purposes
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What were the complaints ? How many complaints ? Were they really outraged ? Or just making a polite complaint ? How does a few complaints equal a whole religions complaints ?

Why are these questions not answered in the article- oh yeah silly me !
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd just keep getting reminded of Black Dog Apparitions and the like

I fail to really see, apart from Rebel's popularity, how it connects to this campaign...but that's beside the point. It's stupid to take it down, it doesn't set out to insult anyone. I mean, if the person who devised it thought "Let's use Rebel...but wait! That might insult Moslems! A double-whammy!" then the guy should be fired. It wasn't intended with malice, it doesn't cause any actual harm, hasn't incited any violence...Daily Mail :rolleyes:
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
Why are these questions not answered in the article- oh yeah silly me !
Indeed, a shocking lapse in objectivity from the Mail :eek:
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by imtired)
I can do it too:

TSR user DISTURBED by cute character from kids tv show.
Promising young academic scared irreparably by horrific cartoon.
Wiggler
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i wonder if the muslims will start boycotting the police now... like when they were offended by certain scandanavian images...
IGX_RSV2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow..

I can't stand this no more. If them Muslims want to live in OUR country then they should respect what we do, and if they don't like it bug off back to there own country.

How is that picture of the dog harming anyone? It's not like they're gonna die because of it. This is getting pretty lame now, they're trying to take over our country like its theirs. And this outrage because its "unclean", some of them should look and smell themselves before, seriously.

I'm sorry if these seems racist, but i don't mean it in that way since i have friends who are muslim and would never dream of insulting them racially and its not like they have to wear the dam hat is it?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BonziPogo)
Wow..

I can't stand this no more. If them Muslims want to live in OUR country then they should respect what we do, and if they don't like it bug off back to there own country.

How is that picture of the dog harming anyone? It's not like they're gonna die because of it. This is getting pretty lame now, they're trying to take over our country like its theirs. And this outrage because its "unclean", some of them should look and smell themselves before, seriously.

I'm sorry if these seems racist, but i don't mean it in that way since i have friends who are muslim and would never dream of insulting them racially and its not like they have to wear the dam hat is it?
Presenting Specimen A: The typical Daily Mail bigot reader
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
Promising young academic scared irreparably by horrific cartoon.
Sir, I must insist that you retract your vicious slander.
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow..

I'm not sure how your friends would respond to your rant. Daily mail turns rational people into racist commentators.
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow..

It is the Daily Mail. They lie in order to incite these kind of reactions.
Martyn1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think the OP first priority should be removing their damn annoying signature.
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's amazing people don't see the spin in articles like that from the clearly biased adjectives used in the title alone. Are the general public really so easy to rile?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
It's amazing people don't see the spin in articles like that from the clearly biased adjectives used in the title alone. Are the general public really so easy to rile?
Yes, they are. Go take a look on the BBC's Have Your Say boards if you want further evidence of the general publics ****wittedness.
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Yes, they are. Go take a look on the BBC's Have Your Say boards if you want further evidence of the general publics ****wittedness.
Or H&R :tsr2:
IGX_RSV2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tomber)
It is the Daily Mail. They lie in order to incite these kind of reactions.
More stories like this and i think i will start purchasing the Daily Mail regurlary. They seem to be the only paper brave enough to bring out the truth about these sort of matters.
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
More stories like this and i think i will start purchasing the Daily Mail regurlary. They seem to be the only paper brave enough to bring out the truth about these sort of matters.
Are you taking the piss?
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:rofl:
That the funniest thing I have ever heard

(sorry about overreaction but I felt it was in keeping with the subject matter.
Phalanges
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Daily Mail outrage at immigrants, people who do not disclose how much their house is worth, people having fun, and those who do not watch the complimentary DVD's!

Seriously though, this newspaper is worse than awful. Yet the scary thing is, some people believe everything they read in it. :mad:
hec
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
**** that, the whole of british culture will be gone if we keep ****ing pandering to every immigrant's outdated medieval customs. We seriously need to stand up for ourselves!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads