(Original post by Yawn-er)
Ah. Damn.
Post fast and impress subs. Otherwise... :sadnod:
Square
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I had proper planning I would build a 20ft ditch around the perimeter of my house with a drawbridge. Plus set up CCTV cameras.

I am undecided, as to whether I would join the TSR army or wait it out in my house.
Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
If we've got GD fighting we're screwed already.
*whispers*
Don't tell them but they're this.
Desperate Prayer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would consult my zombie survival handbook as a refresher, and take into account any and all zombie films and videogames that I have ever seen or played.

I cant see myself getting into any trouble, but that wouldnt account for my friends and family. Helping them would most likely cause my death (and subsequent reanimation :p: ) But you gotta do what you gotta do ::cool:
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
*whispers*
Don't tell them but they're this.
oh.

We're doing the forum a favour then.
Desperate Prayer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Square)
I don't have any weapons, but I reckon I could get by on the food in my house for a few months at least.

Hopefully by then the zombies will have died of starvation.

Oh I also live on the second floor of a large victorian house (which is split in two). with a large thick heavy oak door. Which I would barricade with most of the furniture. I just hope my downstairs neighbour hasn't been zombified

If I had to choose a weapon though, I guess I would get the chainsaw from the shed.
You have died.

Reload yes/no?
my:favorite:things...
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People with poor reputation and <1000 post count form the front line and the elite suicide squad.
oh crap, i'd best get posting then!

i'd probably panic and then drive to the nearest TSR base camp. Provided the subs have set one up :p:
The Mute
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you stay or go? I go.

If go, where do you go? Hollows Farm in the lake district. Fresh water source, easily defendable ridge, but most importantly, in the middle of nowhere, only accessable by a dirt track through a wodded copse.

What weapons do you use? Machete. Power tools.

What provisions do you take? Tinned food and bottled water.

How do you try to make contact with family / friends etcetera? Carrier pidgeon. The phone of course...

What transport do you use? Car, with bike on the bike rack.
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have thought about this many times -

I would get my bus from the coach depot that is close to me-
As much of my family as possible-
A good bunch of friends-
A few fat people
Some knives, spades etc - prob can't get guns but if so then good

I would go to the nearest supermarket and stock up

Then drive to the middle of nowhere and live in a random house out somewhere -

The zombies would be busy with the fat people before they got me and my family and friends- and we could try to survive as much as we could until we either die naturally or inevitably get eaten.
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
oh.

We're doing the forum a favour then.
Are you familiar with a phrase encompassing the words "wheat" and "chaff"

The strongest of the GDers could be allowed to live in the new subs/D&D alliance based world.

H&R...I tend to think that we should use habitual users as my aforementioned barricades in the Internet Cafés.
misswilliams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not off topic but...

my friend's bf and his mates have a code word if the world ever get taken over by zombies, they all know their "plan in detail" etc.

we once managed to get the word out of one of them and decided to scream it at the others when they walked in, they all ducked under the table

boys take things WAY to seriously
screenager
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I would leave my house, it doesn't seem secure enough to withstand a crowd of zombies. Hopefully internet and phones would still work without people controlling them and I would try and find some friends who weren't zombified and then I'd contact my local TSRians and we'd all meet up. I would take my ice axe, lots of food, a sleeping bag and a tent and we would head to the country and have a mighty good time slowly dezombifying the country.
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by my[s)
favorite[/s]things...]oh crap, i'd best get posting then!

i'd probably panic and then drive to the nearest TSR base camp. Provided the subs have set one up :p:
Your rep may just save you. But get a few more posts in before the Apocalypse, just to be sure.

We'll manage it. With our new slogan - TRUST IN SUBS!
Base camps will be in most major universities. Austria might be a stretch though

(P.S. I know you're not currently in Austria, don't worry, you'll live )
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would:
1) Post loads to reach 1001...I don't want to be at the front!
2) Find the gun and chainsaw and keep them on my person
3) Call a friend of mine who is likely to have knives and...other stuff and will also know exactly how to kill or control the zombies. She's also very likely to have made, or be in the process of making her own weapons, she's the type that would make a flame thrower for a party (I wonder if anyone will get that [sort of] quote).

You know what, I might give her a ring now, come up with a plan for any zombie/vampire(actually, she's more likely to, um, distract them)/ware-animal/insert supernatural creature here attacks. Then I'll survive and everyone I don't like won't

I know, I'm a very odd child...
Carryboy
Report 10 years ago
Napalm...lots and lots of Napalm...you just can't go wrong!
AngryJellyfish
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They would have to cross running water to get to my house. So I'm perfectly safe here
kayzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People with poor reputation and <1000 post count form the front line and the elite suicide squad.
:sad: i don't want to be cannon fodder

i think i shall set up my own base :yep: now i just need a really big gun
Mr lol
Report 10 years ago
Get family and friends then barricade myself in a shopping centre. Anyone played Dead Rising?
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
...in this hypothetical scenario. The people you live with aren't home and the phone lines and signals are down. You don't know whether they are alive or zombified. You turn on the news; there's a report on each of the terrestrial channels giving details of the uprising. The zombies walk slowly, and it's estimated 60% of the UK population are now zombies. Thankfully, none of these are TSR members. You look outside your residence and there are plenty of zombies. If you don't leave soon, you may be overwhelmed.

Some questions:
Do you stay or go?
If go, where do you go?
What weapons do you use?
What provisions do you take?
How do you try to make contact with family / friends etcetera?
What transport do you use?

I'm looking for informal discussion about what you'd do in this situation, so please keep it in GD.
Well, in such a situation, one has to weigh up the risks. 60% of the population is better than 100%. Clearly the most logical thing to do would be to go to a small village shop in the country - get as much food as possible, as much gas, and head off to the most isolated region in the UK possible. I have shotguns at home, and of course, would bring them with me. The country would be chaotic, so i doubt such would get confiscated. I would probably go to the Island of Sark., |the infection would probably have savaged Britain after a month or two if the authorities could not withstand the pressure. The zombies would die without food after 4-5 weeks. I would probably forget about family - as harsh as that sounds, i know the would want me to survive and trying to reconvene with them would only jeopardize such.
misswilliams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
They would have to cross running water to get to my house. So I'm perfectly safe here
In that case I'm coming to live with you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise