What beauty treatments do you get done? Watch

star.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I get my hair cut and highlights, and eyebrows waxed.
Have never had anything else waxed before but am getting a leg and bikini wax before I go on holiday... scared!
I get spray tans for special occasions (very occasionally... I've had about 3)
**MidnightMia**
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
I use to get my bikini waxed, but stopped as became too expensive for a poor student. I waxed my eyebrows once, never again - took the skin off and I looked like some becrazed woman for a week, while they were healing.
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by **MidnightMia**)
Glad you find it funny - I at the time didn't and was in quite a lot of pain with it!

I couldn't really make much facial expression as it often pulled the eyebrows and caused the scabs which were forming to crack.

I looked a complete and utter state - never again am I wasting £8 to wax eyebrows. :cool:
MediterraneanX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to get my legs/brazilian wax every month but it got so expensive so now I get..
*eyebrows threaded every 3 weeks £5
*do my own french manicure and pedicure X3 weekly
*get my hair highlighted and cut in a salon once every 3 months, I trim it myself between cuts.
*Fake tan X3 a week st Tropez in winter, Dove moisturiser thing in summer
*anon*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sometimes my auntie will wax my eyebrows and do me a facial (she can do that stuff)
and oh yeah, a hair cut... but i thought that was just a normal thing not a "treatment" lol
nic*nic
Report 10 years ago
I feel for you DancinBallerina, I did that once too. Ended up with scabs under each eyebrow, not a great look!

Also, on a more delicate note, those people that have said they get brazilian waxes, exactly (!) how much fluff have you had removed? I have found that different salons tend to differ on this and wonder if I've missed something (I don't do it regularly, normally take care of this myself). I don't like to ask to much when I'm in that kind of vulnerable position!!
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jenren22)
Nothing. I do everything myself. And i shave, not wax. I probably would if i had the money (which i do, but it's needed for other things!).
Same here.

Why is eyebrow waxing worth getting done? :confused: I just pluck mine.
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Same here.

Why is eyebrow waxing worth getting done? :confused: I just pluck mine.
...Some of us have problems! :cry:

My eyebrows get pretty bad if I don't do anything for a while. They're quite dark too (damn you, genetics!) so it's really noticeable. From about 11 years old, I had a unibrow. It didn't help that my Dad kept pointing it out, I became really self conscious
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Muppety_Kid)
...Some of us have problems! :cry:

My eyebrows get pretty bad if I don't do anything for a while. They're quite dark too (damn you, genetics!) so it's really noticeable. From about 11 years old, I had a unibrow. It didn't help that my Dad kept pointing it out, I became really self conscious
:hugs:

Why don't you pluck them into a nice shape, and then use a pencil to tidy them further if required?
baby_emmy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My eyebrows get pretty bad if I don't do anything for a while. They're quite dark too (damn you, genetics!) so it's really noticeable.
Same, i even pluck inbetween getting waxed but it still get gets a mess! lol

I'll add getting my hair done to the list too, i wouldn't trust myself with doing it

-x-
Muppety_Kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
:hugs:

Why don't you pluck them into a nice shape, and then use a pencil to tidy them further if required?
I'm clumsy and have an extremely low pain threshold, not the best combination!

I do pluck them between times, but it's too much hassle. Having said that, I tend to put off making appointments due to the shame of being seen with bright red marks round my newly waxed eyebrows...
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm clumsy and have an extremely low pain threshold, not the best combination!

I do pluck them between times, but it's too much hassle. Having said that, I tend to put off making appointments due to the shame of being seen with bright red marks round my newly waxed eyebrows...
What is the finished result with professional waxing? Is it really so much better than home plucking?
Dreamy_whisper
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
My eyebrows are weird. They're really pale and i manage to pluck them myself but eventually I wake up one day with loads of really pale downy hairs that are un-pluckable and they suddenly turn into a mess!
watermelon sugar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nothing.
i cut/high light my hair and my dad does extensions when i have them. i'm so picky with everything that i coldn't trust someone i don't know to do it, but i am contemplating eyelash tinting and a spray tan...
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by watermelon sugar)
nothing.
i cut/high light my hair and my dad does extensions when i have them. i'm so picky with everything that i coldn't trust someone i don't know to do it, but i am contemplating eyelash tinting and a spray tan...
Would eyelash tinting ever be as good as real mascara though?
midori777
Report 10 years ago
I go to the salon to cut my hair every 3 months, and I go every week to style it. I also have to go to my dermathologist every month to get a facial cleansing which is expensive, but I need to do it cos I have oily skin and a few pimples
PinPin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I get my eyebrows shaped once every couple of weeks (waxing, plucking and trimming, i could never do it myself!).
Facials once every couple of months.
Manicure once a week/2 weeks maybe? don't really count just go when i feel like it and pedicure once a month.
I've had ipl on my upper lip but might need another course.
I want ipl on my underarms as well.
I do my legs and everything myself cos im too impatient to let it grow for waxing!
Oh and haircut/colour at the hairdressers, i can't believe how many people can do it themselves!
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PinPin)
I get my eyebrows shaped once every couple of weeks (waxing, plucking and trimming, i could never do it myself!).
Facials once every couple of months.
Manicure once a week/2 weeks maybe? don't really count just go when i feel like it and pedicure once a month.
I've had ipl on my upper lip but might need another course.
I want ipl on my underarms as well.
I do my legs and everything myself cos im too impatient to let it grow for waxing!
Oh and haircut/colour at the hairdressers, i can't believe how many people can do it themselves!
ipl?
Muppety_Kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
ipl?
Intense Pulsed Light - apparently similar to laser hair removal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intense_pulsed_light
Hannah_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Facials (Decleor FTW), eyebrow wax when I can be bothered, manicures, pedicures and waxing when I'm not feeling too lazy.
And haircuts, obviously
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads