new students 2008 :) Watch

pipkinlove
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Terazzio)
just out of interest what were your offers because I want to study english at st andrews and I got a B in my AS is it even worth me applying? I want to do it joint with French which i got an A in if that will endear me to them any more haha
Well don't think it rules you out because another entry requirement for the whole arts faculty is that you have a decent grade (C or above I think but I'm not sure) in a foreign language at GCSE, but I don't have that because I changed schools in year 10 from one where I hadn't studied a language for a year and a half to one in which I was forced to take a GCSE in French.....and I got an E! :eek4:

Needless to say I'm still going, so really you've got nothing to loose :yep:
xLx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just out of interest what were your offers because I want to study english at st andrews and I got a B in my AS is it even worth me applying? I want to do it joint with French which i got an A in if that will endear me to them any more haha
Mine was unconditional but thats cos I'm Scottish so it works kinda differently! I think you should def still go for it - you've got nothing to lose!
MarshallM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got all Bs at AS... so yes, apply.
MarshallM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wait, I had ABBB.
tokyo_glitter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
allo!
yes, starting St.A's, and doing social anthropology.
still havnt sorted these modules out, haha.
MarshallM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ooooo Social Anthro? That's my course! Though I only wrote down one SA module on the online thing. :P:
Changing_the_world
Report 10 years ago
Which modules are you thinking of doing?
Im doing two social anthro. modules I think; Mine are Foundation of Human Social Life in semester one and Ways of thinking in Sesmester two at the moment mind...
Ekpyrotic
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Oh! I have posted in this thread. Well...I've be there.

Modules: physics, mind & reality (philosophy), beginners Greek (classics).
tokyo_glitter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i have no idea about my SA modules atm, am really quite confused.
i really have to force myself to sit down and read... it all
i'm thinking of maybe psychology, philosophy or classical studies modules... hmm...
maybe im talking rubbish ^____^
ohh, i got my first SA textbook, from a friend... from 1976 haha, and australia too. promising start =P
MarshallM
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cool. I only wrote down to do SA1001 (I think it's that!)
autumn_breeze04
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got an offer for AAB, but I think they expect you to get an A in the subject your studying. But that's no reason not to apply - I'd say to apply and aim for an A at A2! :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads