Torrents not working!!?? HELP!! Watch

Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by uthred50)
Er i thought discussing torrents and illegal activity is against the TSR rules?
I got a warning for giving a URL for mp3 downloads, so got knows how this was approved
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ukazi-TazZy)
okay well im using bit torrent atm, and it's the torrent that does not start AT ALL...

0 speed, 0 peers nothing.
I've never had this problem untill recently, i have no firewall on neither

Thanks for the help so far though
Your router has its own firewall.

If you have no peers then ofcourse you won't be able to download it. Try another torrent file. Try downloading a torrent that many people are sharing and if you have any problems with that - AVG for example (which is a free piece of software before you quote me!)
Ukazi-TazZy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
could be, but im not using a firewall, that's the thing...
arg this is soo annoying ¬¬
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
could be, but im not using a firewall, that's the thing...
arg this is soo annoying ¬¬
Your router has its own firewall, but if there was a problem you would have a NAT problem. Are you sure Azureus isn't telling you that you have a NAT problem? I don't know a great deal about this but I had similar problems with my router recently and it was due to the port forwarding not being set up properly.
Ukazi-TazZy
Rep:
?
YESSS!!!!
i got it to work!!!

i done another system resotre to some time ago... had to reinstall some things but now it works, pretty slow but works!

Thanks people, rep to those who i felt, helped
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gah.

Let me clear this up. Here, now. This, therefore, is the definitive end to the argument of what is, and what is not, allowed.

Discussion of torrent clients, and general subjects, like 'will i get a virus from using this site?' are fine.

Any links, at all, legal or not, that link directly to any torrent, even if it's a linux ISO, are removed and given a 5-point warning because that's the stance the moderation team has chosen to take.

There are no links in this thread. As far as anyone knows, whatever the OP is downloading could quite easily be legal.

Torrents are not illegal. The content of some torrents is.

Post a link, you'll get warned. Saying that you can download certain illegal material from a certain website will also be dealt with similarly. General, broad subjects such as this one are read as innocent until proven guilty, and nothing in here has crossed wither of those two rules i just outlined.

Don't compare sites, don't mention content. Asking if a website is going to give you viruses (the last topic that caused issues) and asking which client is better or any problems related to the client, those topics are fine.

As a general rule: if you're talking generalities, you'll be okay. Go into specifics and things start getting ugly. Simple. =D
Ukazi-TazZy
Rep:
?
(Original post by olileauk)
Gah.

Let me clear this up. Here, now. This, therefore, is the definitive end to the argument of what is, and what is not, allowed.

Discussion of torrent clients, and general subjects, like 'will i get a virus from using this site?' are fine.

Any links, at all, legal or not, that link directly to any torrent, even if it's a linux ISO, are removed and given a 5-point warning because that's the stance the moderation team has chosen to take.

There are no links in this thread. As far as anyone knows, whatever the OP is downloading could quite easily be legal.

Torrents are not illegal. The content of some torrents is.

Post a link, you'll get warned. Saying that you can download certain illegal material from a certain website will also be dealt with similarly. General, broad subjects such as this one are read as innocent until proven guilty, and nothing in here has crossed wither of those two rules i just outlined.

Don't compare sites, don't mention content. Asking if a website is going to give you viruses (the last topic that caused issues) and asking which client is better or any problems related to the client, those topics are fine.

As a general rule: if you're talking generalities, you'll be okay. Go into specifics and things start getting ugly. Simple. =D
Ollie for president!!.
-M$ [email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what, another torrent client with a different name...?
no thanks.
yea...

well nevamind..
as you like
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.62%
No - but I will (19)
5.69%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (161)
48.2%

Watched Threads