Huge nose Watch

marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i could list so many things i don't like about myself, but appearance isn't everything. my teeth are out of shape, i have puppyfat, i suffer from gynaecomastia, ingrown toenails, i have huge feet and hands, among other things. Ultimately, you just have to live with it. No amount of money can change your inner personality, which is what people should appreciate you for.
v1oXx-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My nose is not only big, but its got like a bump in the middle. It ruins confidence, I agree.
thedevilisback
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You ultimately have a few options:
1)Live with your nose and learn to appreciate the way you look.
2)Change your hair style/clothes/make up in orderto draw attention away from your nose
3)Have rhinoplasty in order to correct your nose.

I'm not advocating plastic surgery but I do believe it is justifiable if the feature being corrected does in fact disfigure the patients face and therefore leads to the patient becoming very self concious.
AussieKat
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
If it makes you that miserable, then do it x
sugar_and_spice
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Arteta)
Thankyou to whoever Libby is

Oh my god that's pretty mean
hahah you are welcome
Vampyrcorn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if your nose is making you so unhappy then do get it fixed - there's no point staying miserable when science knows how to improve it!
Anonymous #3
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please keep anonymous.

I'm 17 years old and I have a really big nose. It's actually ridiculous now and there's been so many comments made about it. I'm completely happy with the rest of myself... just my nose makes me SO insecure. I have almost 0 pictures of myself because of it and it just gets me really down. I don't understand why I couldn't have been born with a normal nose... my life would have been almost perfect if I had.

I'm thinking of getting a nose job when I've finished uni (haven't started yet) by taking out a loan... I really don't care how much debt I'm in... I just don't think I can go through my life looking like I do. Opinions please?

I'm having an ugly day today I suppose...
Do it. It will be the best thing you ecer did I guarantee it!! I did the exact same thing. The two best in the UK are Basim Matti and Julian Rowe-Jones - he was the guy I went with, and its really not that much of a big thing once you get your head round it. Hope this helps!!
Cassie89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh i know how you feel, i like everything about myself apart my nose, I'd be perfect if it was normal! Unfortunately I can't fix it though, just cos I know people would be really negative about it. My ideal situation would be me being in car crash, breaking my nose hideously (but otherwise being perfectly fine) and then being FORCED to have a nose job for medical reasons, where I then "might as well" get the bump taken out.

*sigh* It's not gonna happen

It does sound like it's really affecting you though, so maybe plastic surgery would be an option? For me, at least my nose is only dodgy in profile so I think i'm hot as long as I don't ever see myself from that angle..
KelZee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't like my nose either, so you're not the only one. My profile picture is a prime example of how weird my nose looks XD

But, I try and take my mind off of it and try and focus on making it less noticeable by drawing attention to something else (like my eyes for example).

If you really want surgery and don't see any other way of making yourself feel better, than by all means go for it. Just be sure to go with someone reputable.
angel_sista
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please keep anonymous.

I'm 17 years old and I have a really big nose. It's actually ridiculous now and there's been so many comments made about it. I'm completely happy with the rest of myself... just my nose makes me SO insecure. I have almost 0 pictures of myself because of it and it just gets me really down. I don't understand why I couldn't have been born with a normal nose... my life would have been almost perfect if I had.

I'm thinking of getting a nose job when I've finished uni (haven't started yet) by taking out a loan... I really don't care how much debt I'm in... I just don't think I can go through my life looking like I do. Opinions please?

I'm having an ugly day today I suppose...
I wouldn't worry about it. Have you ever read Cyrano? Yeah, that's what happens what self-hate goes to far. :p: and Bob Sinclar has a big nose but he's still a very very fit man nonetheless.
Lucien_Roach
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Great Men have Great Noses

i.e. Caesar, Pompey, Leonardo da vinci, Isaac Newton...etc
kookoo_koochoo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cassie89)
Oh i know how you feel, i like everything about myself apart my nose, I'd be perfect if it was normal! Unfortunately I can't fix it though, just cos I know people would be really negative about it. My ideal situation would be me being in car crash, breaking my nose hideously (but otherwise being perfectly fine) and then being FORCED to have a nose job for medical reasons, where I then "might as well" get the bump taken out.

*sigh* It's not gonna happen

It does sound like it's really affecting you though, so maybe plastic surgery would be an option? For me, at least my nose is only dodgy in profile so I think i'm hot as long as I don't ever see myself from that angle..

Don't ever wish that upon yourself!!! lol

OP everyone hates stuff about themselves, I hate my skin cos it's really uneven and scarred. And features of my face. If it's affecting you so much then have the surgery, but be sure to ask the surgeon what they would do and the general procedure, recovery times and things that might go wrong - i know they normally explain all this anyway but just be sure to take it all on board before you go for anything drastic. It's really your choice in the end cos it's your face, and everyone deserves to be happy with the way they look. So good luck.
Demoskratos7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love big noses.
Anonymous #4
Report 10 years ago
To the OP.....i say do it. I was in the same position as yourself....everything else about me, fine.....nose....hmmmm. it really got me down. id constantly be checking fb to see what side profile pics id need to de-tag and id always be so self conscious about people looking at me from side on. In the end I asked my parents for NJ saying id pay for it- didnt give one if i had to take out bank loan etc...seriously - the best decision i could have ever made. Now it feels like my new nose has been a part of me my whole life. I never realised something so small could change how i felt about myself so much. I had it done at 20 and so glad i did. if you are going to get it done....the sooner the better. there is no point wasting time in a pre nj era.....the way i looked at it, the sooner i got it done the faster i could get on with my life. I know it sounds dramatic, but unless ppl experience having something like that they dont understand how self conscious it can make you. One word of advice though....dont expect it to make you completely love yourself...there is always going to be something you dont like and are wanting to change. once you have changed something, something else is surely to be added to the list. For me, its now my skin and my weight. I went for a consultation for acne laser. I literally have 3 spots and a few open pores. Luckily i got in there and i was like wtf??! what am i becoming! next thing il have rubber dingy lips! luckily i snapped out of it and did one quickly before i started forking out on microdermaebrasion....but if its really getting you down id def consider nj. book for consultation this week, be in there in two weeks....two weeks later = bandages off and voila! oh and if u havent gone to uni yet....id recommend doing it before...saves u all explaining to ppl....some ppl just dont get it and think ur just being vain...what do they know hey? xx
zodiac90
Report 10 years ago
People who are busy and happy don't write diaries; they are too busy living.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads