Disarming Britian - Series Watch

sammyrj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bexxxx)
I agree with that completely, and I didn't read about the man in Brixton funnily enough! However there was a murder on an estate in Catford that hasn't been well documented, it seems to be that the press are apparantly concentrating solely on the white victims of knife crime! Am I right in thinking this?? Anyway, this probably isnt the right thread for thorough discussion on rising knife/gun crime in London :p:
There have been far more black victims on the news than white. Only the recent murders of Rob Knox and Ben Kinsella are white victims I can think of.
crazybored
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sammyrj)
Most of it was unrealistic
I so wish that were true!

There have been far more black victims on the news than white. Only the recent murders of Rob Knox and Ben Kinsella are white victims I can think of.
Jimmy Mizen. And (hazarding a guess) I think Bexxxx is referring to the amount of media coverage given to individual victims rather than simply the number of black victims vs the number of white victims (but I could be wrong)...
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cerulean)
Gosh I know. I was willing her to fall in a hole somewhere! What did you think of the ending?

rubbish because it ended ..thats just it ...it ended without any you know surprises ..it just ended with her on the bus ....talk about boring they could of made it a bit more you no interesting ......
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've seen the three white lads who got stabbed on the news far more than Ive seen anyone else. I dont know, maybe its just the news I watch?! I was only wondering if anyone else had noticed.
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, the end wasn't very good. I thought they would at least arrest someone.
sammyrj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by aviii)
yeah it may look like a stupid thing to do, but the fact is..these things happens

weapons are seen as objects which can be used for anything, including petty arguments

i thought fallout was good, all the actors were wicked an all.
I'm not saying it looks stupid, I'm saying it is stupid. It wasn't realistic at all... as I said, Bullet Boy and Kidulthood (and probably Adulthood, though I'm yet to see it) are far superior.

I'm not saying there isn't violence on the streets of London - there most certainly is and it's terrifying! There are just a lot of seemingly random attacks and it makes you fear for your safety. However, making a film that portrays violence on the streets of London doesn't immediately make it a believable film. The characters were poorly explored and their motives weren't strong or explicit enough. I'm criticising the characters' and their actions' believability, rather than the facts behind the film themselves.
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bexxxx)
I said the press, not the police. I dont really understand your post tbh.

The Carford thing was only a few days ago :confused:
ok you said either the press or the police was focusing on white victims (i para-phrased it yeah)....and im saying i don't think thats right i thing the press are only showing young victims nothing to do with the race but the generation their in.
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh right.
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its not on 4od
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not saying it looks stupid, I'm saying it is stupid. It wasn't realistic at all... as I said, Bullet Boy and Kidulthood (and probably Adulthood, though I'm yet to see it) are far superior.
hence the reason why it didn't come out in cinemas it just came on channel 4 free for us to watch.....
NW8_SW1_EC3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fall out is one episode?! I am watching it now (Sky+) and its about 90 mins long, I thought it was like a film.
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)
Fall out is one episode?! I am watching it now (Sky+) and its about 90 mins long, I thought it was like a film.
Yes, isn't it a film?
aviii
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)
its one of them documentaries/films/episodes...whatever you call it lol
sammyrj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jus-mi)
hence the reason why it didn't come out in cinemas it just came on channel 4 free for us to watch.....
Just because it's on terrestrial TV, I'm not going to pretend it was great. Surely wherever a film is shown, I'm free to call it rubbish if it is :p:
sammo1
Report 10 years ago
Is this really how it roll's on London estates and stuff?

Whenever I see stuff like this (kidulthood, adulthood, fallout etc) it just makes me think that the media are making it look cool for kids to become one of these boombaseeds (lol).

But overall, I did watch it instead of doing something else, and I felt it was good, but some of the acting was pretty crap.

I hope theres a next part where that girl goes off and gets a good life, then some vigilante comes along and puts a bullet in that girl called Troll and all da rest of the gang.
Then life would be good.
sammyrj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazybored)
I so wish that were true!

Jimmy Mizen. And (hazarding a guess) I think Bexxxx is referring to the amount of media coverage given to individual victims rather than simply the number of black victims vs the number of white victims (but I could be wrong)...
Hmm yeah, but I think they got more press coverage for other reasons: Rob Knox was in Harry Potter, and Ben Kinsella was Brooke Kinsella's brother.

Khayam Prince got the same sort of media attention because of his footballing. Though it's not really right, when people with 'potential' are murdered it's suddenly much more tragic.
crazygirl4521
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I think the media and gov are actualy making the situation worse by potraying londons street and youth in such a negative way. These movies help to document what is going on but to people who arent fully aware it increases the prejudices and ignorance in people minds.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
3/4 of it was brilliant.

i hate it when it pans out like that and nobody watching really ends up learning any morals from it.

suprised there are only 2 pages on it
steve2006
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
fallout was swag

Totally unrealistic. Poor Script. Worse than kidulthood.

"you are so fit"

I know south london is bad but this was just taking the piss
el_ninio
Report 10 years ago
it was sick fam, r u dizzy blood?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads