The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love how you've used words such as "they" or "them" so we can't establish whether its a guy or girl. Still, worth a go i'd say.
OP, just go for it!
Reply 22
Go for it! Life is short and ****.
Reply 23
Just go for it!

It me isn't it? :biggrin:

No? oh well....:frown:
Reply 24
I dont want to piss on the romantic bonfire here but the thing is - it's easy to 'idealise' someone over the internet whom you haven't met yet, that's perhaps the only thing you should be aware of. Not saying that that's enough of a reason not to go for it though, but just be aware that people might not always live up to the expectations you've developed..
Reply 25
someone messaged me earlier saying they loved me. strange :wtf?:
:nospam: :p:
Reply 27
well, do they live near you?
if so, give it a whirl, (wo)man.
Go for it! Life is short and ****.

Agreed, it doesnt matter tho he probably knows by now anyway...
neon
someone messaged me earlier saying they loved me. strange :wtf?:

I agree. Tis strange.

OP - go for it. what is the worst that can happen?
Reply 30
People have eachother's numbers on here? Fair enough if you met in real life first.

I'd definitely carry pepper spray if felt the need to meet someone off an online forum. Just to be safe.
Reply 31
Erik.
I dont want to piss on the romantic bonfire here but the thing is - it's easy to 'idealise' someone over the internet whom you haven't met yet, that's perhaps the only thing you should be aware of. Not saying that that's enough of a reason not to go for it though, but just be aware that people might not always live up to the expectations you've developed..

you only live once.

why spend it being cynical?
if they're still a 'tsr' person whats the point?
surely by this point you've got to know them...

there are loads of TSR romances...should be an online dating service really
Forgive my cynicism, but unless they live really close to you isn't this all rather futile? I mean, let's say you live a significant distance apart, and you make an effort to meet. 2 possibilities: 1. you click, but it's too difficult to see each often which will just aggravate you in the long run. 2. you don't click at all and the kinda "illusion" you have online will be ruined.

Sometimes it's best to keep this kind of thing online and strictly fun, playful, etc.
Reply 34
OiaB
you only live once.

why spend it being cynical?

true, there is a lot to be said for throwing caution to the wind sometimes

I wasnt saying the OP shouldn't meet the subject of their affections, just not go in with really defined expectations based on how someone comes across on the internet, which can often be very different to the reality.
Reply 35
I understand why you would feel weary of telling them. I've no shame in saying I've 'fallen' for somebody on TSR before, but would never have had the guts to tell them because it would feel pervy/odd in my eyes, whilst it would have probably been 'cute' in their own:p: What I'm saying is, don't be put off by the fact it's an online forum - you've got to know the person and fallen for them, and they'll be more likely to be flattered if you tell them you like them:smile:

I don't think it's odd at all!:biggrin:
Erik.
true, there is a lot to be said for throwing caution to the wind sometimes

I wasnt saying the OP shouldn't meet the subject of their affections, just not go in with really defined expectations based on how someone comes across on the internet, which can often be very different to the reality.

Don't know about that, it's quite hard to come across as a completely different person if both people are transparent and you have facebook/msn pics/webcam to backup who you are. But then the OP (henceforth to be referred to as Aconite just for a laugh) might not have done those things, so who knows. And this place does have a fair amount of pseudonymous characters.
Reply 37
Tread carefully, be wary of people who will change their mind and **** you around.
Reply 38
Aw, go for it OP. I think it's a cute idea to meet someone on this forum. I'm trying to imagine the meeting in my head: 'Are you Aconite/MSB/Gooner?' 'Yep' 'Cool'. (Sorry for picking on you - just trying to illustrate my point) lol
Reply 39
xJessx
Aw, go for it OP. I think it's a cute idea to meet someone on this forum. I'm trying to imagine the meeting in my head: 'Are you Aconite/MSB/Gooner?' 'Yep' 'Cool'. (Sorry for picking on you - just trying to illustrate my point) lol

:p: I'm not the OP, or I'd have just answered my own question with my post:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending