How important are looks to a guy? Watch

lilmisscheerful
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just get frustrated I guess because sometimes the guys I like turn me down even though I'm pretty, slim and a nice person. I've always wondered if I was model perfect whether i would have an easier time.
Princess_Betty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People often say attractive women will date ugly men but attractive men will rarely date a woman they deem unattractive. It was in Cosmo magazine or something.

There must be loads of celebrity couples who you'd look at and think, 'why the heck is she with HIM?!' but hardly ever 'he can do way better than her...'

Someone said in a previous post that it is a shame no one can ever see past "bad" looks even if they have a great personality, but then isn't beauty all relative? The only guy I've ever considered myself completely enamored by, I fell for him as a person, and then all the rest of it just fell into place.
mr-breaker
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lilmisscheerful)
She was obviously giving him the run around, and had stood him up without giving an explanation until several days later but he said 'she was allowed to do that because she was very cute'.
:nn: ;no;

(Original post by loadmalz)
I wouldn't mind if she was really fit.
:nn: ;no; ;no;:nn:
:banghead:

(Original post by 3105)
If a girl was messing me around I just would get rid of her
;yes; :top:
Scott85
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lilmisscheerful)
I was listening in to a conversation on a train this morning and this guy was telling his mate about this girl he fancied. She was obviously giving him the run around, and had stood him up without giving an explanation until several days later but he said 'she was allowed to do that because she was very cute'.

I couldn't believe that someone would put up with crap behaviour just because they thought that someone was attractive. It gave the impression to me that looks are valued more highly that character, personality and values. I found that quite depressing actually.
U earwigging on their convo haha

I thinks looks are everything these days with some people and alot of people go on looks alone and tollerate stuff because someone is attractive, which is wrong. But i think alot of guys go out with a girl because she is good looking, and more like a trophy gf if that makes sense. Obv girls have more to them then looks, but alot of guys are set on looks.
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guys like to be "played with"... both figuratively and actually. =P

More attraction to girl = The fitter the girl is = more leniancy towards their actions.
Teddy1692
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its been shown that the bad guys get more girls and that the guys who get the good grades get fewer. it's been proven in an article that i found. its pretty interesting,
http://flisolo.com/news/bad-guys-do-get-girls.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 years ago
there are also really pretty girls who are just as pretty on the inside too but the other ones spoil it for them ...so they get sterotyped as cold/cruel/ high maintenace ..also many guys just auto assume they must have a boyfirend already ..as a result the extreamly pretty girls often get approached less than thier less attractive friends and when they do get approached it is more often by cocky player types than the genuine guy

Is this really true do you think? I'm pretty and I never get attention from guys even though I'm a nice person.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is this really true do you think? I'm pretty and I never get attention from guys even though I'm a nice person.

yes it is true, ..if you are extremely pretty then it is possible many a guy will autoassume you already have a boyfriend and may be more reluctant to persue you and try it on with your slightly less attractive mate, ..but these girls still do get hit on (mostly by the more cocky slightly arrogent guy as opposed to the genuine down to earth guy)

and yes, a sterotype does excist that the overly attractive girls being *****y/cruel/stuck up ..etc and also the less pretty ones being more nicer/down to earth/more receptive

but probably that isn't as you say you don't get any attention at all. an overly attractive girl is still gonna get attention.

perhaps you look unaproachable ..best to ask one of your guy friends if you have any if they think you are unaproachable because that is also a big factor, and you must ask someone (preferably a guy) because often people think they are approachable when infact they arn't.

also if you are quite loud/speak with a VERY confident strong voice ..then this can make you a bit more unaproachable/intimidating to a guy.

also are you always with other girls?
what are thier personalities like ..if they seem intimidating a guy will be less likely to try and talk to you with them around even if he likes you..are you always walking around in a 5 strong hareem or something?

look at it from a guys perspective ..it's not just you he has to approach it's a big group of ya

the vast majority of guys would find that quite a scary prospect whilst sober
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
They are the most important thing in the breeding process.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads