?
Report 10 years ago
lets have this run starting it pretty soon so we can put this issue to rest
ukebert
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone who says No 5 is a complete idiot It's number 3 for me. I think that the speaker has acted admirably in the circumstances.
UniOfLife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Option 3 was suggested right at the beginning of this. Pity it took a couple of threads about votes of no confidence to get people to accept that it should be implemented. It could have been finished by now y'know.
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did I say 3? I meant 4 :p:
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I believe you :ninja:
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did you change my post Mr Mod? :p:
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No. If it was edited you could see who edited it and when.
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by UniOfLife)
No. If it was edited you could see who edited it and when.
It's just that one of my other posts here was definately edited but I couldn't see who did it. No worries
veggie4life
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is just absurd.
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If we do re-run the vote that failed - make sure that there is sufficient time for people to vote and sufficient warning that the thing is happening. So that everybody can vote and those who aren't able to get on the internet can arrange a stand-in.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Options 1-3 are best, or a combination of two of them.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How long does it take to set up a bloody mock parliament. Option 5 may as well be chosen as by the time it is probably set up it will be in December, leading to the next election. Seriously guys, can you hurry up?
Grape190190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is also never going to resolve itself because no one knows who's making the decision. There's no consensus here. We've just got a mixed bag of "THIS IS AWFUL" and "Nggr, can we please get the **** on with it?"; and then we've got Alasdair stuck in the middle thinking, "OMFG, DID I HEAR SOMEONE THREATEN MY NEWFOUND MOD BUTTONS WITH A VoNC. PANIC! WHAT DO I DOOOOO?!"

*sigh* And we have legislation to pass.
CanBeAPineapple
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by UniOfLife)
Just start option 3 now and we'll be sorted.
We seem to agree this time

Edit: that is my statement in favour of rerunning the govt elections by the way.

Also, I'd like to object against the closing of the discussion thread for A17: TSR Supreme Court. It may have had some bearing on the current situation, but it was in itself a constitutional amendment. Does its closure mean that we are going to vote on it? Is it being taken for a second round of discussion? I don't see how legislation can simply be dismissed.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The sensible solutions are 2 and 3... the constitution needs a serious review, but getting rid of it wont solve things, running things without a government means this issue drags out longer, and another general election would make the HoC a laughing stock.

I think we can see that 3 is pretty much the consensus on the issue, so i hope there wont need to be a vote on whether we need to have a vote.

Edit: I am however, rather annoyed at the speaker for closing the discussion on A17, which was written and submitted before any of this started. There was no reason at all to do so.
Alasdair
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
We seem to be moving toward a consensus to re-run the vote on the government. As that seems now to be the best option, I shall organise that tomorrow with a running time of four days.

Once that's been sorted, I'll re-open discussion on A17 - my post closing that thread quite clearly implied I was going to re-open discussion at some point.
CanBeAPineapple
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't catch that implication then. My apologies to the speaker.
Grape190190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I object to the speaker's arbitrary decision. I think we need a a much longer discussion about this issue of extreme unimportance - followed by a vote on what kind of vote we should have. The vote to decide who votes on what should be arranged in a manner to be decided on by a vote of the house. To summarise, I suggest this:

1. Vote on how to vote on how we vote.
2. Vote on how/who votes to decide the government.
3. Vote/election to "decide" the government/compose a new parliament.
3b. If election, then a further vote to "decide" government.
4. Back to here to rinse and repeat ad nauseum when no one gets a majority.

5. Legislation begins sometime in 2020.

Edit: I was wondering... would it perhaps be possible to put my timetable to... a vote?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alasdair)
We seem to be moving toward a consensus to re-run the vote on the government. As that seems now to be the best option, I shall organise that tomorrow with a running time of four days.

Once that's been sorted, I'll re-open discussion on A17 - my post closing that thread quite clearly implied I was going to re-open discussion at some point.
I don't see how, either under the constitution, or more generally, there is any justification for closing A17 though. Its not to do with the situation at hand, it is just something, that if it was voted for, which would provide a method to solve the situation if needed.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hooray for consensus
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads