British grand prix to be staged at donnington :O Watch

RoadWarrior
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wish the cars were changed to allow more overtaking. Even the GP2 races have less overtaking with their new cars.
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RoadWarrior)
I wish the cars were changed to allow more overtaking. Even the GP2 races have less overtaking with their new cars.
They are being changed for the 2009 season, pretty much all the aero is being striped off, so the cars will look like the ones from the 90's agian, which will hopefully improve overtaking.

Im hopeing next season will be epic, and i think silverstone will probable be great without all the aero on the cars.
Minardi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, it means a 20 minute car ride there.... but about 2 hours on race day in and out due to the traffic.

Its a great circuit, yes, but having been to both Silverstone and Donny several times, Donny needs alot of money spent. Theres stupid stuff, like the tunnels between outside and inside the track, the ques for these seem pretty long usually. Then theres normal stuff like stands (building some permanent ones), parking (and more to the point, getting them in and out), Pits (serious upgrades needed, and probably alot more space behind, as there isn't much), length (apparently it needs to be lengthened) and of course access. One signle track road isn't enough, and with it taking 2 hours to get out of the car park (normally) just to get back towards Kings Newton and then home through the lanes, and probably more onto the M1, its going to be mad.

All in all, in Donny's current state, its madness. I just hope the improvements come online fast. Very fast.
Kerch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It should have gone to Thruxton. Sure, it might need a little bit of investment, but it has potential.
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The first comment that bernie made in the quali build up sums it all up really. Silverstone didn't have the cheque, donny has the business.
It's only ever about money
Gypsy King
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think the competition between the two circuits is excellent for the prospects of British motor sport in general. I welcome the idea, as long as the spectacle of the race is not compromised!
wizard710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just want to know the track improvements that they are going to make
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wizard710)
I just want to know the track improvements that they are going to make
Yeah I'm intrigued too. It's just no where near an F1 track right now, ignoring all the issues of stands and accessibility, hopefully we'll find out soon.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well the site says there is going to be a big unveiling soonish but I want to know now
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well the site says there is going to be a big unveiling soonish but I want to know now
Impatient huh?
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They need to add about 20/30 seconds to the length of they track, withtout loosing some of the corners it already has, because atm some of them are great.

There going to know what there doing though, because they will have to start building it, like now.

And it probably means tix for next years race will sell out quick, which is an arse because im planning on going.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
Impatient huh?
Hell yeah, I'm an impatient kinda guy
thomasp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just been reading around t'internet... and there seems to be some speculation that the private investor for Donnington is none other than a Mr. B. Ecclestone. Obviously, due to the terms of the contract, Donnington can't reveal who it is...

I would be very surprised if there's a British GP in 2010 - I just don't think Donnington will be ready in time. Or it will go to Donnington in 2010, and in 2011, be back at Silverstone.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I could see them doing like a switcher kind of thing, every year it swaps
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, why not, they do it with Fuji/Suzzuka and Hockenhiem/Nurbergring.

Makes every seasont that little bit different if they can flick between tracks.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
Yeah, why not, they do it with Fuji/Suzzuka and Hockenhiem/Nurbergring.

Makes every seasont that little bit different if they can flick between tracks.
Yeah, makes it interesting for the drivers as well
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I could see them doing like a switcher kind of thing, every year it swaps
the brdc would need to make a deal with Donny. As it is, Donny has the GP for 10 years and I dont see them relinquishing every other year for less than they paid.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
the brdc would need to make a deal with Donny. As it is, Donny has the GP for 10 years and I dont see them relinquishing every other year for less than they paid.
Thanks for that, didn't know it was a 10 year deal
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you have a link to say it's a 10 year deal, was looking everywhere for a time frame when it was announced but couldn't find anything myself.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
Do you have a link to say it's a 10 year deal, was looking everywhere for a time frame when it was announced but couldn't find anything myself.
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/9165/900/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads