Mature student at 22? Watch

Ayudesu
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
People don't care in Uni. I started a History degree at Liverpool last September, age 20. I didn't like the course and I'm going into 1st year at JMU. It's really not so bad, nobody even cares.
ZakBrannigan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most universities consider anyone over the age of 20 years as a mature student,I be 38 next year when i go to university,so u wouldnt be on your own,most universities i have talked to over the years like Mature applicants on their degrees mainly because they are more commiteed and more motivated than the average 18year old student.
granny smith
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am going to be an ole git of 38!:p:
ZakBrannigan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by granny smith)
I am going to be an ole git of 38!:p:
same age i will be when i go to university next year granny smith.I wouldnt say 38 is old though.
nik987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll be 22 too in sept 09 when i plan on going to uni. I know what you mean about feeling older but like people have said if you dont mention it i doubt anyone will notice, i dont think it will stop you fitting in atall.
LordBerkut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You might find the class is full of annoying 16 year olds acting like 10 year olds,mine is and one of the older guys buggerd off because of it.
Cherryy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah thats what I am affraid off...
granny smith
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ZakBrannigan)
same age i will be when i go to university next year granny smith.I wouldnt say 38 is old though.
Thank you Zac, that is very reasuring.x:p:
ZakBrannigan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by granny smith)
Thank you Zac, that is very reasuring.x:p:
You welcome granny smith,good luck in your studies i am certain u will be fine
Arianwen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm looking forward to being a mature student (at 23!) when I start university again next year. I never wanted to go clubbing or staying up all night drinking when I was at university first time around, but I was 18 then, and had 'no excuse'. It'll be nice to be able to join the Mature Students' Society at whichever university I get into and hopefully meet people who think similarly!
Kirstin85
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Well, I had lunch with some people on my course today - one was 17, another 25 and we all got along fine, it wasn't really an issue at all.
donteatmypenguin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well it's gone OK for me, cept all the other guys went out last night while I stayed in bed with food poisoning - never stopping for breaky at the services again! But everyones making an effort with everyone, so it's not really been an issue... yet
ALEX1502
Report 10 years ago
Hello all!
I'll be starting Uni next september at 21!
Bit worried i'll be the oldie in my classes - this puts my mind at rest!!
ZakBrannigan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ALEX1502)
Hello all!
I'll be starting Uni next september at 21!
Bit worried i'll be the oldie in my classes - this puts my mind at rest!!
21 isnt old lol when you get in your late 30s thats old lol but seriously i dont think age should really matter in education as they will be a varied range of different ages and experience at university and you have a common goal in that you all want to gain and achieve a degree and experience university life:yep:
confused25
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kirstin85)
Did anyone else get a nasty shock when they discovered that they are considered a mature student at the grand old age of 22? I am going to be studying Law in Glasgow come September and am really looking forward to it but am just a bit worried that everyone is going to be 18 and that my being older will be a big deal, especially in a competitive environment. :confused:

Hey Kirstin85

I stumbled across your psot. Are you doing law at glasgow? I am a future mature ( 25..eek) student starting the accelerated law course in sept really looking forward to it but would really like the opinion of someone already on the course. Could you assist?

Ta:yep:
Joel4fun4u
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's something disturbing about people in their early/mid/late 20's worrying about their age and thinking that they're old. It's perhaps comical, however, that people in their early/mid/late 20's are worrying about what 18-20 year olds think of them.
LukeSawyer85
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
to be fair. Im starting at MMU in september, living in halls, and im 23. Im fully expecting to be the odd one out. :[
El Scotto
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did anyone else get a nasty shock when they discovered that they are considered a mature student at the grand old age of 22? I am going to be studying Law in Glasgow come September and am really looking forward to it but am just a bit worried that everyone is going to be 18 and that my being older will be a big deal, especially in a competitive environment. :confused:
22 is nothing. you'll have no worries.
confused25
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Hey Kirstin

Ill be studying law in glasgow come sept 09 aswell but im 25, Im doing teh accelerated course though but I think we have a lot of the same classes together! Keep a look out Ill be the oldie who was born in the early 80's lol
Roodie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by confused25)
Hey Kirstin

Ill be studying law in glasgow come sept 09 aswell but im 25, Im doing teh accelerated course though but I think we have a lot of the same classes together! Keep a look out Ill be the oldie who was born in the early 80's lol
My god you are just a youngster!! I was born early 70s!!

I actually find the 18/19 year olds on my course more friendly than a group of girls who are in their mid-twenties.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (477)
38.22%
No - but I will (95)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (589)
47.2%

Watched Threads