65.79%
No (13)
34.21%
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, I wouldn't want some kid turning up on my doorstep 20 years down the line. Not worth the risk
GemmyMonster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know I'm a girl, but I thought "why wouldn't a guy?" then realised I wouldn't do it with eggs.

But then - women aren't unlimited.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends entirely whether or not the children would have the right to find out who their father was. I wouldn't really have any qualms with donating my sperm for use in IVF, or for a couple that couldn't have children for some reason (whether that be infertility, or lacking the organs completely).

If the children had the right to know who the donor was, then it would be an emphatic no. Otherwise, I don't see why not. I don't really see it as an ethical dilemma.
Rocking-Rob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If there was no way a child would turn up and find me then yes, but I don't want that risk.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jismith1989)
Though in the UK you have to be a volunteer -- you can't be paid for it. (I've just Googled it!)
Is correct. You used to get paid for it but they changed the ruling a couple of years ago IIRC. If they paid for it, I would do it.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GemmyMonster)
I know I'm a girl, but I thought "why wouldn't a guy?" then realised I wouldn't do it with eggs.

But then - women aren't unlimited.
And a damn shame it is, too.
eDDeboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on the rates, as most people have said.

Also, I'd like to remain anomalous
Lothar Warlock
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cascadingstylez)
I would if you actually got paid for it.

At least you are putting it to good use and being paid for it rather than wiping it into a tissue and flushing the poor fellas away.
I hope that was a joke. Otherwise, it's the stupidest thing i've ever heard my whole life :p:
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some how i am against homosexual couples raising children, i don't know why but i feel it's unfair for the child and at times selfish.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Even if you could be paid for it in this country, I really doubt they'd let you donate more than a few times, and definitely not on demand (when you needed a bit of cash!). So, it wouldn't really be a decent way of paying your fees. That's what Student Loans are for, to negate the necessity of prostitution, stripping or sperm donation.

Anyway, the best way to make money as a student is to be a participant in medical or psychological experiments; although you might want to avoid the drug trials if you like your head uninflated!
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bateman)
Some how i am against homosexual couples raising children, i don't know why but i feel it's unfair for the child and at times selfish.
What a rational view point :rolleyes:
DDS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if you dont do it, think of all the money slipping through your fingers.........
cascadingstylez
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lothar Warlock)
I hope that was a joke. Otherwise, it's the stupidest thing i've ever heard my whole life :p:
If you had to question wether or not that was a joke then thats stupid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.93%
No - but I will (4)
3.45%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.31%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (63)
54.31%

Watched Threads